Press Conference : Gerrard and Goldson

Enjoyed the way he spoke about the reaction to our last defeat. One thing that signals progress to me (there's been several indicators over the course of this season) is how the players reacted during that game, and then afterwards too. At a similar stage last year we crumbled against ten men and went on to capitulate in the following games to give up second place.

Second place means nothing, but it's easy to measure a bit of progress as this time around we got stronger with ten men against the scum and should have taken something from that game. Then we've gone on to play fairly well and put together a winning run, instead of chucking it away like last year because of one defeat.

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

Well done ..... @eejay the dj  ..... you were correct that SG would be asked about the CL game ....... I think he handled it well with a mixture of genuine emotion for his first love (Liverpool FC) and his managerial tasks at The Rangers .... focusing on the scum game and what he expects of the players for this game ..... plus his breakdown and what has to happen as far as the player "discipline" issue is concerned.

He also handled the goh bullshit very well .... well done the board for vetoing any chance of that happening ..... give them what they deserve ..... fuck all but a good hiding on Sunday.

:UK:

Thanks mate 👍

Not seen it yet but as i said. The scum media cant help themselves 🤔

Love it when he shuts them down, 8 minutes in...

Idiotic Scottish journalist: "Do you think you've improved by pushing Arfield out wide?"

SG: "We haven't pushed him out wide."

Idiotic Scottish journalist: "Have you not?"

SG: "No"

Idiotic Scottish journalist: "oh...."

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Idiotic Scottish journalist: "Do you think you've improved by pushing Arfield out wide?"

:lol:

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's a few he seems quite jovial with. But then from nowhere he can be absolutely cutting and pretty contemptuous towards some. I'm not sure if it's the individual or the question that sets him off, but it's hilarious to watch (not for the journo 😂).

I fucking love it, you can hear the journalists squirming in their seats. 

48 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Is it just me that thinks Grezda definitely isn’t injured? Gerrard was specific about the nature of injuries for Lafferty and Wallace but not for him.

I think it’s pretty likely that his time is up.

Well spotted, could be a significant omission.

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Scotland's media summed up perfectly there. So wrapped up in irrelevant pish like guards of honour that they haven't even noticed something as basic as what position a player has been playing in.

Unreal.

19 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Unfortunately 'idiotic Scottish journalist' applies to about 95% of them. Its always funny when they try to talk tactics and invariably end up making a pure cunt of themselves! 🤣