Flanagan

jbm26896

10 minutes ago, Parlane03 said:

I think we really should be trying to get a solid left back .The central defence seemed the be the main priority for the management in the transfer window with 2 centre backs bought in when the left back position is still undecided.

Aye, OK, Derek.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AlCapone said:

After his form at the tail end of last season and start this season I think we have found a top quality player absolute suited to the Scottish game. Another player who will knock fuck out of Scott Brown and Sellik when the going gets tough.exactly what’s needed 

I would have to disagree tbh. He's good for when we will be doing a lot of defending, but when we are playing against 10 men behind the ball then he will be useless. Same goes for Halliday. 

Would like to see Barasic given a run of games to see how he does.

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Never been anything wrong with Flanagan at left back 

Fine on nights like tonight when we're away to a tough European opponent in an intimidating atmosphere but offers very little going forward in the games we're expected to win. He was excellent tonight but it's horses for courses. We need a more rounded player in the long term.

He was tremendous. Couple of challenges. One where he stood back on the left kind of retreated and went in with a full hearted, throwing everything at it the way that Flanagan does. He then played it forward and started a potential counter attack.

The challenge in the box was immense and for that challenge alone he deserves praise. His place to lose imo.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Fine on nights like tonight when we're away to a tough European opponent in an intimidating atmosphere but offers very little going forward in the games we're expected to win. He was excellent tonight but it's horses for courses. We need a more rounded player in the long term.

So what the left back provides nothing going forward , he’s an out and out defender, and gives ojo and jones licence to just go the one way 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

So what the left back provides nothing going forward , he’s an out and out defender, and gives ojo and jones licence to just go the one way 

A defensive full-back that provides fuck-all going forward is of no use to us in 90% of the games we play in domestically. Almost a wasted man in the team since there is very little defending.

Like I said, horses for courses. Flanagan was excellent tonight but his defensive qualities are pretty useless against Hamilton at Ibrox.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

A defensive full-back that provides fuck-all going forward is of no use to us in 90% of the games we play in domestically. Almost a wasted man in the team since there is very little defending.

Like I said, horses for courses. Flanagan was excellent tonight but his defensive qualities are pretty useless against Hamilton at Ibrox.

Has to be Halliday they games then 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I thought this was his best game for us. Pretty solid at the back, one excellent challenge, and offered more than normal going forward. Was up for the challenge tonight.

He was excellent mate but he was equally as good in the European games last season. These types of games suit him. I'm not sure he did indeed offer more than usual going forward tonight though.