Flanagan

jbm26896

12 hours ago, Cedrick said:

A left back that can’t cope with all of the above should be sold 

Tav can't header worth shit either...folk don't complain about him for it.

I think Borna will be sold, however we need to keep him until next summer. He's still in line to be Croatia's LB...if they do well at the Euro's we might get more money for him.

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Still feel another lb is needed. Having a bit of a mare so far 

I think Flanagan is always just going to be more suited in games we are against the cosh. Anytime we seem to be flying high in a game his lapses in concentration seem to be more apparent.

51 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Andy just cant win , hes hardly put a foot wrong in about 8 months , been consistently the best LB at the club and he still gets bullshit on here.

Thankfully those at the games have a different opinion on the guy .........

I'm not seeing why the opinions on Halliday from "those at the games" are any more or less relevant than anyone on here tbh.

Also, fuck knows how you know this when you clearly never go to games.

11 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Andy just cant win , hes hardly put a foot wrong in about 8 months , been consistently the best LB at the club and he still gets bullshit on here.

Thankfully those at the games have a different opinion on the guy .........

So the new standard has become 'hardly put a foot wrong' ???  Oh dear.   Were the guy not a supporter most would want him hunted 

On 08/08/2019 at 18:06, bluenoz said:

The boy that left a foot in on Jack payed the price 30 seconds later. By whom? Flanagan. That is good enough for me.  About time we had someone willing to stick the boot in. I can't remember the last one. We have flair in Aribo, Kamara, Arfield etc.....

Kevin Thomson springs to mind those tackles on Keane ahah 

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So the new standard has become 'hardly put a foot wrong' ???  Oh dear.   Were the guy not a supporter most would want him hunted 

The guy has been our most consistent player for months , its the fact hes a supporter as well that pisses off some on here ........

Just now, sassaaaa said:

The guy has been our most consistent player for months , its the fact hes a supporter as well that pisses off some on here ........

Most consistent player (hope that was sarcasm) --- why has he not then made the shirt his own?   Simple answer - he's not good enough 

21 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Pish. Second choice just now. Need to sell Barisic and bring one in.

We can put Barasic and Grezda down to a failed experiment and steer well clear of Croatia for players, punt the pair of them and happy days if we get our coin back.

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Grezda is Albanian .

Katic and Prso are Croatian.  

I said steer clear of Croatia for players, I know what nationality Grezda is but we got him from the same Croatian club as Barasic, Prso has been gone for 12 years and Katic is fine.

30 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Most consistent player (hope that was sarcasm) --- why has he not then made the shirt his own?   Simple answer - he's not good enough 

Hes the same as everybody else in the squad then and that includes Morelos. Must mean they are not good enough then on your logic....

Just now, pcbear said:

I said steer clear of Croatia for players, I know what nationality Grezda is but we got him from the same Croatian club as Barasic, Prso has been gone for 12 years and Katic is fine.

I don't think Croatia is the problem, it's who decides to sign the players that has the ultimate responsibility.   I think we rushed into one if not both of these signings and probably paid over-the-odds for them.   Grezda's attitude appears to be awful but I still think there is a good player in Barasic.    I'm not sure we get the best out of his crossing ability as we seldom have sufficient players in the box and he then has to stop and plays the ball inside.  It remains to be seen how SG sees things.    Flanagan had a decent game in Denmark last week and was pretty awful yesterday.   Halliday is of similar ability to Flanagan.  In my opinion neither are good enough for Rangers for the level we require.

25 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Hes the same as everybody else in the squad then and that includes Morelos. Must mean they are not good enough then on your logic....

Anyone who gets the shirt must play well enough to keep it but surely a player who - as you claim - was 'our most consistent player for months' would not struggle to retain the jersey for two  consecutive games?

Morelos competes with a world recognised striker for the jersey -- the LB slot hardly has the same quality competing for places and we are slotting in a RB because the other two options are so unreliable.