Flanagan

jbm26896

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Has to be Halliday they games then 

Agree although we need better. Fuck knows what is wrong with Barisic. He showed so much potential at the beginning but since then has rarely impressed. It's an odd one because surely you don't get near a team which makes the world cup final without having something?

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree although we need better. Fuck knows what is wrong with Barisic. He showed so much potential at the beginning but since then has rarely impressed. It's an odd one because surely you don't get near a team which makes the world cup final without having something?

Barisic just looks like a complete coward the now which is mad considering he looked an absolute warrior playing against us for Osijek

Doesnt even really make an effort to take his man on and get down the line for a cross anymore like he was doing when he first signed

Complete mystery when most thought he would be our best signing last year 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Still not good enough though. Just like the other 2. 

I agree - I’d like better, but it doesn’t seem to be happening. Very little indication we’re in the market for a left back.

I’m not that worried with him being our starting left back in big games. If the other two manage to actually find some form they  should be capable of starting and causing the smaller teams problems when we’re taking the game to them. When we need a bit of stability Flanagan generally provides it. 

Just now, McKissock said:

I agree - I’d like better, but it doesn’t seem to be happening. Very little indication we’re in the market for a left back.

I’m not that worried with him being our starting left back in big games. If the other two manage to actually find some form they  should be capable of starting and causing the smaller teams problems when we’re taking the game to them. When we need a bit of stability Flanagan generally provides it. 

Big games coming if we reach the group stages mate. Better teams and better attackers against our left side. Need it sorted pronto. 

21 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Plays consistently well on the defensive side of the game but gives us nothing going forward which we need. Some crucial tackles but pairing him up againsy their no.5 tonight at set pieces was a mistake we luckily were not punished for.

Doesn’t even do that he’s cost us many a goal through defensive fuck ups. He can be good defensively but he’s far from consistent with it.

He did make a couple of good tackles tonight and did fairly well, but his positioning sometimes is not great and that certainly let's him down, off course we have to remember he is a RB, not a LB.

I have no idea what is happening with Barisic, Stevie obviously does not trust him and while it would not be easy I really think we should be trying to sell him and get a replacement in asap.  I wonder who will be LB on Sunday ? 

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Sadly if we could have his tackling with tavs attacking ability we'd be amazing 

We are all looking for the perfect team.. all fans of all teams are exactly the same. Liverpool won the Champions Leange and all I can hear is how they are complaining about Henderson etc... they were a good team with a couple of weak links.. We are no different. We are, however, a good team! 😉 

Flanagan is very useful in specific games. These tight European matches are where he comes to life but where we are expecting an attacking fullback performance he’s not the guy for the job. That should be Barisic but he’s a powderpuff shitebag :headwall:

Get a solid attacking left back if we get into Europa groups and Kent too and we are looking good.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Flanagan is very useful in specific games. These tight European matches are where he comes to life but where we are expecting an attacking fullback performance he’s not the guy for the job. That should be Barisic but he’s a powderpuff shitebag :headwall:

Get a solid attacking left back if we get into Europa groups and Kent too and we are looking good.

Agree with that. Flanagan is a very useful player.. In Europe we will not be needing two attacking fullbacks... that would be suicide. We have to be more clever with our 3 forward players.