Morelos Red...

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, evenstevens said:

Clancy was very, very quick to have card out.  He needed no help to get his card out anyway as he's as blatant as they come.  But it was a daft, daft foul to give away for so many reasons.  One, they were going nowhere, two, it was obvious he went with intent of leaving something on Brown.  It just wasn't needed and although he is reffed differently, there was just no need to do it.  None.  Brown was booked for a similar one so it wasn't a scandalous yellow card.  

Morelos shouldn’t give them an excuse to get the cards out.  The Brown one is questionable but the dive is just bizarre.  You’d think he would just put the laces through it and that could’ve been his goal.  

6 minutes ago, chris182 said:

He was anticipating the challenge which never came. Not sure he meant to con anyone. It's good defending to be honest

Aye I think that gif shows he's positioning his body to take contact which, if we're being fair, Ntcham does well to avoid. I don't think hes thought " I'm taking a fall here", hes getting his body in between the ball and the man because 9 times out of 10 the man trailing you is going to clatter you.

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I love that kent celebration only thing missing from yesterday is getting a few scarfs around the goals

Haha it’s funny you mention that I said to my old man I’m desperate for one of our players to get a scarf and tie it round the post at that midden like Griffiths has done to us. Seems like the Gustapo would have been all over that looking at how far our players were kept away from our support. 

Theyre allowed to ride roughshod at our place though. 

45 minutes ago, CR3 said:

The first yellow could be easily justified after a few fouls added together and leaving one on the Lego muncher, it was a bit daft.

The second is a dive and he should have tried to shoot rather than dain a Sadiq imo:lol:

No complaints but Clancy shat it from giving them second yellows which is absolutely pish but to be expected from that clown really.

We won it against 12 men fair and square and that makes it even sweeter.

The simple fact again though is if that’s anyone other than Alfie, they’re not getting sent off.  Clancy already had his hand in his pocket by the time Morelos hit the deck. It’s blatant bias against him.

Also needs to be said again, Alfie didn’t claim for it. People can fall, not be touched and not be cheating.  Like Defoe’s incident earlier in the year.

But Clancy couldn’t wait and had to punish Rangers somehow to mitigate the win.  It’s totally outrageous.

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Haha it’s funny you mention that I said to my old man I’m desperate for one of our players to get a scarf and tie it round the post at that midden like Griffiths has done to us. Seems like the Gustapo would have been all over that looking at how far our players were kept away from our support. 

I was hoping for Gerrard to do a Souness and plant a Rangers flag on the centre spot!

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Brown was right at the advertising boards next to our away fans at the end of last season.  It took Halliday to drag him away.  Yet yesterday our players and manager couldn’t get anywhere near the fans for two rows of Police and Stewards.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Brown was right at the advertising boards next to our away fans at the end of last season.  It took Halliday to drag him away.  Yet yesterday our players and manager couldn’t get anywhere near the fans for two rows of Police and Stewards.  

I noticed this yesterday as well stewards and police but then again the taigs use there own stewards not G4S 

28 minutes ago, TMB said:

If already on a yellow (garbage or not) why take a dive and risk getting sent off when in a clear goal scoring opportunity?  He's about 10 yards from the net with only the keeper to beat.  There's no contact on him at all he just drops to the floor.  I love the guy but I can't believe he made the decision to go down in that situation.

gif.thumb.gif.81623ea678df06bfefea2bd273c945a5.gif

he is fully expecting the contact so is getting ready to go down. Doesn't come therefore a clear dive is given. 

13 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

The simple fact again though is that if that’s anyone other than Alfie, they’re not getting sent off.  Clancy already had his hand in his pocket by the time Morelos hit the deck. It’s blatant bias against him.

Also needs to be said again, Alfie didn’t claim for it. People can fall, not be touched and not be cheating.  Like Defoe’s incident earlier in the year.

But Clancy couldn’t wait and had to punish Rangers somehow to mitigate the win.  It’s totally outrageous.

Post of the morning 👍

I don’t understand what he was doing. If he just waits for contact it is a penalty, if no contact he gets a shot away.

The main annoyance though is he is now going to miss games. Fat lot of good beating the filth to drop points elsewhere, so I hope we are at the races in these matches. No doubt they’ll try and increase the ban for the gesture at the end.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He never touched Brown with his leg he gave him a bump with his shoulder. Watch it again mate, it’s never a yellow. 

Looking at it again it does look soft, my point is based on the fact he definitely gets reffed differently,  that's why I feel it was a stupid challenge to make, at that stage of the game and previous fouls against him their was no way clancy wasn't carding him.

16 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I don’t understand what he was doing. If he just waits for contact it is a penalty, if no contact he gets a shot away.

The main annoyance though is he is now going to miss games. Fat lot of good beating the filth to drop points elsewhere, so I hope we are at the races in these matches. No doubt they’ll try and increase the ban for the gesture at the end.

He will miss st. Mirren at Ibrox

3 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

The carte blanche employed by the media in this country to over scrutinise every single thing Morelos does and to impose their own twisted narratives and meanings on it is a fucking disgrace. 

If Brown had made that gesture walking off the park following a red card yesterday would there be even a quarter of the fuss about it that there currently is? Would there fuck. Its us against everyone.

If Brown did it then they’d be talking about him playing his part perfectly and leaving with one final message to the support. 

Archived