Official Livingston vs Rangers Match Thread

1 hour ago, Canabear said:

I'd throw big George Edmundson in there as his size and strength should be able to combat anything Dykes has got plus Edmundson has a bit of pace as well.

Helander while great positionally doesn't have the pace to recover as much as Edmundson has plus i don't know if i'd risk Helander on this plastic shite as he's coming off of that injury.

Edmundson would be a disaster waiting to happen against Dykes. Dykes isn't pacey so put Helander against him and he'll snuff him out easy.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Why’d you think that?

Because I think he's poor in the art of defending and a guy like Dykes could swallow him up. I'm not saying he would defo have a poor game and Dykes is amazing - I just wouldn't take the chance when we've got Helander there. 

He's our 5th choice centre-back and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI in a game like this. If it was upto me.

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Because I think he's poor in the art of defending and a guy like Dykes could swallow him up. I'm not saying he would defo have a poor game and Dykes is amazing - I just wouldn't take the chance when we've got Helander there. 

He's our 5th choice centre-back and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI in a game like this. If it was upto me.

Different opinions, I think he’s more than capable but I’d much rather have Helander in there so I’ll agree with you on that one

The guy is quality and the last bad game I remember him having was that first game against Livi last year when Gerrard was straight to him after it

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Different opinions, I think he’s more than capable but I’d much rather have Helander in there so I’ll agree with you on that one

The guy is quality and the last bad game I remember him having was that first game against Livi last year when Gerrard was straight to him after it

I disagree on the quality description mate. He was shocking against Leverkusen at Ibrox too - although you can't be too hard on him for that.

He's just an average squad player at the end of the day. Don't hate him, but I just think he needs to be used correctly and that's when he's called upon/needed - not when we've better options available.

8 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Against St Johnstone I remember Kamara not being totally uninvolved in an attacking sense. He pushed up when the play allowed and he had a brilliant effort on goal from 25 yards which was unexpected. Shows he's capable though.

Most people said Borna for MOTM and it's hard to argue with a brilliant goal from the free kick then the cut back giving him an assist but Kamara was tidy as fuck all game. We've all mentioned on here that quite a few players have bulked up a bit and gained a wee bit of strength since lockdown but Kamara hasn't really been quoted. Despite being naturally sleight of build it definitely seems he too has gained a bit of strength since March and is maybe one to watch.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I have a feeling we may see Edmundson.

Underated player. 

Solid defender who will hustle them at set peices. 

Maybe not start him in case it upsets the winning balance, but more than happy to see him subbed on. He has talent and needs match time to prove it imo.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Underated player. 

Solid defender who will hustle them at set peices. 

Maybe not start him in case it upsets the winning balance, but more than happy to see him subbed on. He has talent and needs match time to prove it imo.

I also think he is underrated. Extremely fast for a big guy and for the most part a good passer.

I would play him against Dykes instead of Helander because of the surface.

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I also think he is underrated. Extremely fast for a big guy and for the most part a good passer.

He could even play on a back 3.

I have high hopes for the big man. His time will come.

As for their surface it simply is not professional.My front door mat is a better playing surface mate.

51 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Wouldn’t be surprised, good pre season and unfortunate to be bombed out. Seen Helander off the bench so think the fridge deserves to play.

None the less I fully expect anybody in our squad to start and do a job. 

7 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think we should aim to up our goal tally.

Give the scum a steeper mountain to climb.

Their doormat pitch will make that difficult, so I would be happy with a 0-3 scoreline.

Is it not usually a low scoring match through there? I’d be happy with 0-2.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I’d be comfortable with either him or Helander to be honest. Dykes can be a handful but I think he will be starved of opportunities anyway.  

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Nah, think the fridge will become a player but he’s suspect in the air. 

Set pieces are basically all they have, so if Helander is fit he has to play 

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I think the pitch suits him better than Helander who is coming back from injury. Just me, but it looks like we’ve become a team who have turned to total possession of the ball. Keep the ball and the  opposition are fucked. Top of the league and very happy. 

Archived