Clyde One Super Score Board

GOAT

Nisbet, Turnbull and Paterson always just struck me as selections from Clarke to cover his own arse so he could claim it was a squad of a young profile. 

Even accounting for him being a fat wee wank Griffiths should have went before Nisbet given how limited that particular role and minutes was going to be. 

Nisbet to me feels like a player in the general decent season in the top flight bag 15 + goals but turns out is shite category of player, rather than someone ready to sky rocket in talent. 

On 23/06/2021 at 12:30, Colin Traive said:

I’ll be honest, it’s one point and one goal more than I expected.

Playing route one long balls to two big guys is a throwback to the dark ages.

The requirement of the England game was “do not lose” - right up his street.

But the two games where we really needed a win, he hadn’t a clue.

Be good to hear some honest, cold, hard, sober assessment of how abject we were and put an end to this “at least he got us there” pish.

Souness is the only one that appears to be saying it as it is. 

59 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It's rare for a player at 24 who is ok to then improve that much to a become a very good player.

Aye and he was shite when he came on. 😂 Patterson showed more in 7 minutes than any of Nisbets.

Why not Adams then? When he played so many more minutes and showed fuck all. Nisbet would’ve scored at least one had he been gave the minutes

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why not Adams then? When he played so many more minutes and showed fuck all. Nisbet would’ve scored at least one had he been gave the minutes

Are you joking? Adams was one of our best players in the Czech and England games.

50 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

So Nisbet is equivalent to them? Don't talk shite. All of them were more than OK at 24. 

Where have I said anything remotely close to that? You suggested he won't get better because he's 24. Ive given you a list of players who have improved considerably beyond their 24th birthday. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Where have I said anything remotely close to that? You suggested he won't get better because he's 24. Ive given you a list of players who have improved considerably beyond their 24th birthday. 

I said how much more will he improve, he's 24 and only ok. You're the one saying I said that he won't improve at all.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s pish :lol: Nisbet plays he scores goals, simple as that.

Nisbet scored 14 goals in the SPL at 3rd placed Hibs, Adams scored 9 in the EPL in a 15th place side. You're fishing or mental, if you think Nisbet is a better player. 😂😂😂

At the end of the day Scotland didn't have one good striker, never mind two to play two up top.

Good football managers play on a teams strengths and hide their weaknesses. Clarke got it right with the Tierney and Robertson left hand side but the decision to play two strikers (even against England) was ridiculous considering it was, and proven, to be a complete weakness.

19 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

At the end of the day Scotland didn't have one good striker, never mind two to play two up top.

Good football managers play on a teams strengths and hide their weaknesses. Clarke got it right with the Tierney and Robertson left hand side but the decision to play two strikers (even against England) was ridiculous considering it was, and proven, to be a complete weakness.

should have went Levin-style. 4-6-0 😀

2 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Agree re the strikers but they need service to score the goals and by lumping the ball up the park to a guy who couldn't trap a bag of cement isn't going to cut it.

We've all watched the usual top class teams who have an abundance of players in their teams who are comfortable on the ball surrounded by opposition players and who rarely lose possession.

Where does that skill come from and why can't Scotland produce genuine class players with a basic skill set the way these other Countries can year in year out.

What is Scotland doing wrong that these other Countries are clearly doing right?

4 minutes ago, Canabear said:

Agree re the strikers but they need service to score the goals and by lumping the ball up the park to a guy who couldn't trap a bag of cement isn't going to cut it.

We've all watched the usual top class teams who have an abundance of players in their teams who are comfortable on the ball surrounded by opposition players and who rarely lose possession.

Where does that skill come from and why can't Scotland produce genuine class players with a basic skill set the way these other Countries can year in year out.

What is Scotland doing wrong that these other Countries are clearly doing right?

Agree on just about everything out with the service. The amount of chances Dykes and Adams squandered in those 3 games was abysmal. If Harry Kane were Scottish he'd have 3 or 4 goals by now. 

Your final question is the big question mate. What is this country doing wrong that it hasn't had a top notch player to play in the final third since probably Ally McCoist? Not a top winger, not a top playmaker, not a top striker. Nothing!

Scotland never seem to be able to punch above their weight ever as well: it's always par or below average. 

I think part of the reason we are so abysmal is in part lack of decent managers/coaches.. 

As examples look at the likes of Clarke  (who will never make a decent coach as long as his @rse points downward) obviously going route one, or previous so called Premiership teams failing so abysmally in Europe - until SG comes along .. setting the standard they should all try for 

• 2 weeks later...