***** Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread *****

KaiserJon

I think this is a massive game. Not because they are good or whatever the result is for sellik on Saturday but because if we win we will have come back off an international break and kept the run going. 

The only team that can stop us getting 55 is us*. 

*or the spfl/sfa

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McGinn and Kennedy are squad players. McGeough has only started two of the 11 games, been left on the bench or came on as a sub.

McCrorie and Hayes are the only two first 11 missing players when everyone is fit.

It's like us claiming our 11 is weakened if Bassey, Itten, Defoe, Balogun or Katic were injured. 

We should be beating a full strength Aberdeen side as you say, but came on here today and you would think Aberdeen are missing 7 first 11 players and only have one dangerous player in Hedges, complete nonsense.  

Largely agree but Mcgeoch being out whilst McCrorie is ineligible to play is a good thing. Not only their starting 11 but their bench in both wide and midfield positions is weakened. Not a huge advantage but a reasonable one.

Another 3 points please, by any means, I hope we can keep our recent form all the way to v septic on 2nd January and beat them at home which would put them under real pressure as they miss another league game away to Livingston due to cup final,  we need a cushion as we have a difficult set of games in January.  I know the motto is take one game at a time but if we win all or games or at least don't loss any ground to septic, before we meet them,  I would start to feel a lot more confident of 55 despite our difficult run of games coming in January.  For those who think the bookies are usually right we are currently 4/9 or 2/5 to win the league,  it is also important to remain fully focused in December,  just in case covid is still a major threat,  so we have to keep in front of them in case season is called off .

We all know what a huge game Sunday is. 

We all know how they will play. Sit in hope to score 1 and hope we dont score 2. 

They also have a very good keeper.

I have little doubt that we will win. But it wont be 4 0 and we will have to be on our game and patient. 

This is their next cup final. 

5 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

I can't see any kind of battering this week. Will just be happy with the 3 points. Aberdeen have a knack of coming to Ibrox and executing their game plan. I think we've only beaten them twice in five at Ibrox under Gerrard. They've also not conceded away from home in the league this year so we will have to work extremely hard for goals in this one.

Saying all that we have plenty of creativity and goals in the side which should see us through.

Rangers 1-0, Arfield.

I'm going for four zero to us then, cause this season we're a different kettle of fish.

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Thank fuck there's no fans in for this so we don't need to listen to them sing about Ian Durrant for 90 minutes the weirdo irrelevant bastards. 

No fans seems to suit us in general tbh.

I can't quite put my finger on why it is, but we seem to relax and play our game the way we want to and how it's intended. 

I genuinely hope there's no fans allowed in all season, because it seems to suit us.

Don't even care if I get abuse off folk that's missing it cos I think the team and winning this league comes first. 

Obviously can't stay that way forever though.

5 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

Another 3 points please, by any means, I hope we can keep our recent form all the way to v septic on 2nd January and beat them at home which would put them under real pressure as they miss another league game away to Livingston due to cup final,  we need a cushion as we have a difficult set of games in January.  I know the motto is take one game at a time but if we win all or games or at least don't loss any ground to septic, before we meet them,  I would start to feel a lot more confident of 55 despite our difficult run of games coming in January.  For those who think the bookies are usually right we are currently 4/9 or 2/5 to win the league,  it is also important to remain fully focused in December,  just in case covid is still a major threat,  so we have to keep in front of them in case season is called off .

Plus, 6 points ahead minimum, takes the league out of their hands as goal difference is a lottery. 

16 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I can't quite put my finger on why it is, but we seem to relax and play our game the way we want to and how it's intended. 

I genuinely hope there's no fans allowed in all season, because it seems to suit us.

Don't even care if I get abuse off folk that's missing it cos I think the team and winning this league comes first. 

Certain games have benefitted us having no fans tbh.

Kilmarnock and Ross County at home weren’t really nerve-racking, was never a game we were going to lose or concede but it took a while for the goals to come. Had Ibrox been full you would expect a few moan and groans.

17 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Mostly because Ibrox is a pressure cooker, with cunts arriving angry and only getting worse as the game goes on.

Our players have much more ability than the rest of the league. It’s always been bottle or mentality that’s been weak since 2012. Take away the biggest pressure (fans in the stadium) and they just go out and play their game. 

Archived