Tavernier for Scotland

Teddybear123

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Even if he could i don't see why he would want to. 

If he isn't good enough for England lets face it that is the only reason he would join Scotland and not for some sort of change in allegiance so it doesn't make sense 

Loads of shit English players with a Scottish granny, or something have done that before.

15 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Gentlemans agreement, what a load of pish, under what rule did John Barnes qualify to play for England ?

Cause he can rap mate, wouldn’t have worked the same with Beardsley spitting it out.

7 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

The UK nations have a gentleman's agreement not to utilise that rule even if it is a player from a fellow UK nation. 

6 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Purely for discussion purposes I've heard of this gentleman's agreement before and while it does have its advantages it is a bit daft if the player in question isn't being capped by the home nation which he should be. Gentleman's agreements can change with a bit of discussion anyway. If the English FA wanted Tav he would be capped already.

Again just for discussion Goldson would be a good shout in a couple of years time if he is still with us.

Not even a gentleman's agreement but a formalised rule as part of FIFA's eligiblity criteria.

23 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

No idea why this agreement exists. Basically benefits England and no other teams 

This.

Why would Scotland agree to this?

Literally only fucks over them as nobody is going to live in Northern Ireland or Wales for 5 years due to how shite their league is (exception being Cardiff or Swansea players of course).

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I assume you know something I don't.

How doesn't the residency eligibility apply him?

Because it doesn't apply to any of the home nations. He must have had five years continuous education before the age of 18 to be elgible for another of the home nations.

Archived