them

MisterC

20 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Hilarious that Frimpong is forcing his way out. He isn't even one of the players who've made it clear they want to go (like Ntcham, Ajer, or Edouard) but now he's kicking up enough of a fuss to force their hand in January. Also, if they club give into it and sell him, you can bet the agents of the players I've just mentioned are going to start insisting on a move too (and pushing their value down in doing so). 

I don't think any of us would've dreamed their issues ran so deep - even at our most optimistic. It's glorious. 

That was my first thought also, he was a player I wasn't expecting to go but clearly unhappy and wants to. Also another they will need to replace in the Summer.

They are going to need practically a whole new squad come next season and we all know how long it can take players to adapt and bed in. We will inevitably sell players but if we can keep the main structure we could be out of site for a while.

11 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Looked like a good player when he joined, was it a Rodgers signing? He has been utter pish anytime I've watched him this year, final delivery is appaling.

It's the usual with young players, they come in play a couple of good games and everyone goes crazy. Once they're expected to turn it on week in week out always shows if they'll be a success or not. Never seen Frimpong do anything productive, great at running with the ball but zero end product.

7 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

That was my first thought also, he was a player I wasn't expecting to go but clearly unhappy and wants to. Also another they will need to replace in the Summer.

They are going to need practically a whole new squad come next season and we all know how long it can take players to adapt and bed in. We will inevitably sell players but if we can keep the main structure we could be out of site for a while.

I'd not be surprised to find out there is more unhappy, outside of the ones who haven't held back on wanting out.

As @rangersross said if Frimpong can force a move from scum fc others will follow. 

They are falling apart and come the summer they already need a new back line lol. This season is going to take them years to recover from.

We could be looking at the start of a new era of dominance for us after 55.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Record posting that the fee is well in excess of 10mil for him

Even if Man City take 30/35% that is still ridiculous money to pay for him

Be the usual tarrier trick of including his wages in multi million pound deal no doubt 

from the BBC..

"The club received a very robust offer and we felt it was good business," revealed Lennon.

"He made it clear to wanted to leave."

Celtic paid around £300,000 for Frimpong, with Lennon refusing to divulge the identity of the bidding club and saying he did not know if Manchester City had negotiated a percentage of any future sell-on fee.

wont be the last of them that want away

7 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

They are going to need practically a whole new squad come next season and we all know how long it can take players to adapt and bed in, in Scotland. We will inevitably sell players but if we can keep the main structure we could be out of site for a while.

Absolutely, mate, and that's a very challenging thing to do even if everything else in your organisation is stable. The way they've been talking recently, it sounds like they might also be looking at: 1) a new management team 2) a new CEO 3) a new Head of Recruitment. 

That's a hell of a lot of change for any organisation to implement over one summer.