them

MisterC

2 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

They’ve made a very significant financial outlay without freshening or strengthening their squad. 

I dont really get this logic.

They could now bring in a couple of loans, with no initial outlay and improve their squad on last year.

They work the loan system far better than us. They get the players for a year, if they are shite they can send them back. If they are a success, they have an agreed fee to buy them and keep them.

33 minutes ago, still_a_smarmy_twat said:

I dont really get this logic.

They could now bring in a couple of loans, with no initial outlay and improve their squad on last year.

They work the loan system far better than us. They get the players for a year, if they are shite they can send them back. If they are a success, they have an agreed fee to buy them and keep them.

It’s not about logic. It’s fact. They’ve not freshened significantly but spent a lot. 

However, I get your point as there’s still a while to go in the window and time will tell if there are other deals or loans. 

Just now, scotty1976 said:

It’s not about logic. It’s fact. They’ve not freshened significantly but spent a lot. 

However, I get your point as there’s still a while to go in the window and time will tell if there are other deals or loans. 

Yea, its just annoys me when people make the point about a loan meaning that you have to spend at the end of it to just stand still, ignoring that you could just get another few loans in which you can check out before deciding if they are worth the cash or not.

Im hugely in favour of loans with an option to buy over straight up buying someone who is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Sure you might have to pay a loan fee, but if they turn out to be dross, this loan fee will probably be less than the player depreciates if they are shite and you had bought them.

Also means that you get an extra years service out of them before you have to consider selling the fuckers if they are a big success.

Giving a player a 3 year deal these days, you have to be considering selling the cunt after the first year, because at the end of the next season, 'they only have 12 months left'.

3 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

I don't really get his point. The fact that they have had to spend a significant sum of money to have the same players as last season doesn't impact on what they can or can't do in the loan market. Of course they could get more loans in but so could we and who is to say that they will be successful? In the season before last their loanees were Duffy, Laxalt and Kenny. None of the three made the grade with Duffy being particularly comical. 

49 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Fuck them.

Bought for £6 mill,,,  Jota  5 year contract,,,Ramsey on a free ,,,, do we take him ???

5 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Wit

We can get Ramsey for fukc all,,,,,,, some people want to throw £ 8 million for an 18 year old,,,,, they have just paid £6 million on a proven player on a 5 year contract,,,,, do we take a chance on the 18 year old ?

Just now, KAI said:

We can get Ramsey for fukc all,,,,,,, some people want to throw £ 8 million for an 18 year old,,,,, they have just paid £6 million on a proven player on a 5 year contract,,,,, do we take a chance on the 18 year old ?

Davie?

Their new home kit is a 9/10. I'm genuinely flummoxed as to why they have the option of sponsorless kits when we don't, despite being sponsored by the same umbrella company. Meanwhile we're staring down the barrell of three more years of stick-on logos and stuff falling apart in the wash.

9 minutes ago, Gmajor1991 said:

Their new home kit is a 9/10. I'm genuinely flummoxed as to why they have the option of sponsorless kits when we don't, despite being sponsored by the same umbrella company. Meanwhile we're staring down the barrell of three more years of stick-on logos and stuff falling apart in the wash.

:lol:

And then I read you were from Dublin :lol: