them

MisterC

1 minute ago, Mols94 said:

surprising. He's on about 30k a week at Spurs, would think he would want a hefty sign on fee as he's still another year left on his deal there, and he seems content to just pick up a wage so.

Over the hill now anyway IMO, was a great goalie but regressed massively. Still don't think he would be the difference maker for them though.

If Joe Hart is looking for playing time, theres no place in the world with less competition for a GK than celtic. Will be a good signing for them. Still, had about 15 games for the last 2 years. 

56 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Genuinely shocked that they’ve not bombed Griffiths out the club. 

Lawwell is gone, there’s a new manager is and they’ve still protected the fucking waster.

Would have been a great PR piece to give the cunt the bullet in their quest to lead on child protection, instead they’ve got their manager essentially saying if he scores enough goals it’s alright that he’s a beast. 

Honestly not shocked at all. 

This club has always looked to protect itself first. 

Whatever bullshit reason they have for keeping him on, it will be something that benefits them guaranteed. 

That’s a good signing but he’ll be kept busy by that fucking shocking defensive system and back line.

Edit: scratch that, I didn’t realise how little he’d played (40 games since 2017) and some of the stats I’ve just read make it seem an absolutely bizarre signing given the money they’ll be paying him

7 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

That’s a good signing but he’ll be kept busy by that fucking shocking defensive system and back line.

Edit: scratch that, I didn’t realise how little he’d played (40 games since 2017) and some of the stats I’ve just read make it seem an absolutely bizarre signing given the money they’ll be paying him

See tbf he hasn't been the top class goalie since he left man city, which was (effectively due to loans) 5 YEARS AGO. part of me wonders whether he was just so good for city because of the defence in front of him. Because its not like you just go from being a top top keeper to absolute shite over night. 

If it is the case of his defence flattered him then hope to fuck that they sign him, like you say their defence is fucking honking.

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

See tbf he hasn't been the top class goalie since he left man city, which was (effectively due to loans) 5 YEARS AGO. part of me wonders whether he was just so good for city because of the defence in front of him. Because its not like you just go from being a top top keeper to absolute shite over night. 

If it is the case of his defence flattered him then hope to fuck that they sign him, like you say their defence is fucking honking.

It’s not just the personnel in defence, it’s the fact that their manager insists on having his centre halves split 20 yards apart in a straight line 10 yards into the opponent’s half - basically beyond the centre circle. It’s insane, not to mention their full backs are then equally AWOL at the same time up either side.

You need a keeper to sweep the entire half and even Manuel Neur would struggle to do that nevermind Joe Hart - who isn’t even a goalkeeper of that mould.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

It’s not just the personnel in defence, it’s the fact that their manager insists on having his centre halves split 20 yards apart in a straight line 10 yards into the opponent’s half - basically beyond the centre circle. It’s insane, not to mention their full backs are then equally AWOL at the same time up either side.

You need a keeper to sweep the entire half and even Manuel Neur would struggle to do that nevermind Joe Hart - who isn’t even a goalkeeper of that mould.

Yeah - i seem to remember Pep binning Hart because he wasn't very good with his feet and wasn't a sweeper keeper - you watch Ederson for City and you can see what he's after in that role - hart was a good shot stopper but that was about it - which worked when city dominated because opposition teams rarely got a chance to properly test him. Likely as well a drop in confidence has contributed to his decline I guess.

12 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Am a bit thick mate can you explain?
Looks like a question from only connect tv show 😂

It was from a couple of years ago when they where dead cert on the 10 mate. 

He posted it on his Instagram story :lol: and someone has obviously screenshotted it

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Hart will be an improvement, albeit a modest one, over Barkas. Huge wage that they can ill afford. Statistically the worst keeper in Seria A. Hope they sign him.

I still rate Hart as a decent Goalkeeper would be a good signing for anyone but you can have the greatest Goalkeeper in the world and he still needs a solid defence and Celtics defence is like diarrhoea 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Joe Hart was never 'great' he was decent on a good day and his ability with the ball at his feet is woeful.

Hope this is a goer.

I agree mate but he certainly is not shite either. Has tons of experience and can only be good for a dressing room.

He is fucking dreadful with the ball at his feet i agree. You could have Donnarumma in goal for Celtic and he will still concede they have the worst defence on the planet.

Hart is a better keeper than Barkas but that's not saying much lol. 

He has hardly played first team football recently and got a few howlers in him. 

Experienced keeper but put anyone behind that non defence and they are struggling 🤣

Just now, TheJacketRFC said:

I agree mate but he certainly is not shite either. Has tons of experience and can only be good for a dressing room.

He is fucking dreadful with the ball at his feet i agree. You could have Donnarumma in goal for celtic and he will still concede they have the worst defence on the planet.

Wrong. I think that Fort Williams defence have the numbers to refute that claim.