Steven Davis Appreciation Thread

Clemdog

Made a thread about his performance against Galatasary in October (feels like 3 seasons ago, not the start of this one). I'd pretty much written him off after the way last season ended but after coming into the side in late August he's barely looked back. 

It feels insulting that I suspect this might be his last full season and he'll need to be slowly phased out next season, but who's to say that he won't do it again next year? Incredible player, there's so many things he does intelligently - and still playing international football, with no real sign of a decline in standards. 

Norn Iron Captain as well, we do not really understand how fortunate we are to have this man in our team. No harm to Tav, if anyone deserves to hoist the trophy in two weeks time it is him, however I would have SD as my Captain any day of the week.

8 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I voted for him as my poty when we had a poll a few weeks back. Not changing my mind but can also see the case for shagger 

Or Tav. Or Goldson.

It's a really tough pick. Fuck.. Kent was unreal today as well. Kamara has also had an outstanding season. Jack has been excellent when fit and nobody has mentioned Morelos who has been key in a strange modern role. Like a 10 who plays up top on his own if that makes sense.

remember years ago in The Highlander in Peurto Rico waiting on kick-off - We'd just signed him and someof the  Rangers lads  were sitting at my table (place was full).

They were talking about him and wondering what he was like, nobody knew much about him (except Walter!).

We (Northern Ireland) had recently beaten Spain 3-0 and Stevie was MoM so I told them about him and said "He's our future captain" and so he was until he left after the melt-downt!

A great footballer AND a great Ranger!