Club Statement - Trophy Day Celebrations

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Is there another version of this that's been doctored? Folk saying it's fake, but it looks pretty real to me. It just doesn't have anything sectarian in it.

Was wondering the same as all the ones I've seen just clearly have doo doo doo in them. 

3 hours ago, Willis said:

I think this is a good statement, says whats it needs to without going over the top about it.

At the end of the some of our fans acted like pure scumbags and the club had to say something about it.

But folk saying no one would have complained if we'd acted peacefully are kidding themselves on. The reason for this mass outrage over our celebrations isn't cause of the conduct of some fans its cause we are the Unionists

It was just something that they had to do unfortunately because of a few idiots, who I still wonder if all were really Rangers fans, we will never know unless some end up in court and their names come out.

The last part of your post is spot on there is no doubt we are being treated differently because the majority of us do not vote for the SNP or want Indy so this is being used by them to cause as much trouble as possible.

Can you imagine that Aitken woman doing what she did yesterday if it had been her team who had been celebrating the night before. No chance.

I see now the video with all these Catholic players in it are supposed to be singing FTP, you just could not make it up.    

30 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ok. What do you suggest the statement would say?  

Just in general terms will do, because I will tell you something any lawyer worth their salt would tell the club to say absolutely nothing. Knowing the cops are sniffing about. 

You’re wrong on all fronts, as the clubs statement has just proved. 

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Is there another version of this that's been doctored? Folk saying it's fake, but it looks pretty real to me. It just doesn't have anything sectarian in it.

There's 2 videos I've seen, both taken by wulliewanker (great name btw) 

1 is from the left of whoever has the flag wrapped around him like a kilt, the other is from a bit behind him, both taken at 22:06 (according to his phone) 

The first one it's clear as day they're all singing doo doo doo, the sound matches all the way through the video, it's muffled sound but it matches

The second one (the one i'm assuming we're saying has been doctored) sounds different when it gets to that part, the sound spikes way up, it's clear as fuck and the muffling disappears, the only word you can make out clearly is 'the' but it does sound like ftp

The fact they didn't sing it first time then all in unison decide to sing it 30 seconds or so later, with clear as fuck sound, makes it look doctored. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Makes me cringe like fuck when footballers are pulling their phones out and are straight on Instagram live when their team has a big result or wins a trophy. Live in the moment FFS. There will be plenty of footage of it to look back on in the future.

Frustrating is it but the world we live in. It happens with everything not just football 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Makes me cringe like fuck when footballers are pulling their phones out and are straight on Instagram live when their team has a big result or wins a trophy. Live in the moment FFS. There will be plenty of footage of it to look back on in the future.

Thought that on Saturday, your employer hires photographers to capture every moment of your good time, put your phone away!

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

it’s just the way of the world 

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

There's 2 videos I've seen, both taken by wulliewanker (great name btw) 

1 is from the left of whoever has the flag wrapped around him like a kilt, the other is from a bit behind him, both taken at 22:06 (according to his phone) 

The first one it's clear as day they're all singing doo doo doo, the sound matches all the way through the video, it's muffled sound but it matches

The second one (the one i'm assuming we're saying has been doctored) sounds different when it gets to that part, the sound spikes way up, it's clear as fuck and the muffling disappears, the only word you can make out clearly is 'the' but it does sound like ftp

The fact they didn't sing it first time then all in unison decide to sing it 30 seconds or so later, with clear as fuck sound, makes it look doctored. 

Do you have a link to the strange one?

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Do you have a link to the strange one?

https://streamable.com/kil4qg

Will maintain it doesn't sound like pope at the end but you can clearly hear the word 'the'

That's the video anyway that they're going after, the whole clip was 44 second long, the other chorus there's no way you can mistake it, it's doo doo doo

10 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Once this is proven to be rubbish we need to come out absolutely swinging

The problem is by that point we're already guilty by default

They're not coming out with apology's, even if it's proven to be doctored or just proven to be shite.

The end of our statement is bollocks, not going to pretend I know what we can/cant say during a so called 'investigation' but leaving it with 'We are confident that no criminality took place, we have sought legal advice and look forward to cooperating with Police Scotland' just makes it sound worse than it is.