*****Official Champions v Dunfermline Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

It seems he’s played less than half the games over the last 2 seasons that Goldson has.

I know he’s had injuries, but he also seems to miss quite a lot of games when he’s supposedly fit - these last 2 for ease of reference.

A strange way to handle what most on here reckon to be our best CB.

We hear that Balogun’s pace is ‘preferred’ in certain matches.

C’mon - the guy is either a top CB, who we paid a big fee for, or there’s more to this than meets the eye.

We dont know what is going on in the background. He might have niggling injuries? Who knows.. Some players need their game time managed so that they dont get injured. We are supposedly involved with some mob that do the whole prediction thing in regards to injuries. It might have something to do with that.

10 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We dont know what is going on in the background. He might have niggling injuries? Who knows.. Some players need their game time managed so that they dont get injured. We are supposedly involved with some mob that do the whole prediction thing in regards to injuries. It might have something to do with that.

If I’d extended my post a bit, I too would have got into that, JH👍

Still leaves a bit of concern, if his game time needs to be managed so carefully, but you raise a very valid point.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That's pretty poor tbh.

He's not started season as well as we'd all have hoped. But he played every minute of an unbeaten league run in a league winning season. And much better tonight.

Imposter ffs.

He really wasn't.

Really enjoyed that game tonight the changes made were far more fluent in attacking from the off regardless of opposition.

When players are tasked with being more decisive it opens more spaces when on the offensive as well as those in defence in tackling especially in the case of Bassey on the wing & in defence no running to the byline a decisive clearance was his choice which shows superb positional and instinctive awareness as well his forays up the wing with quality delivery on his crossing .

Midfield were far more productive siderule passing through defensive set ups yet Dunfermline were not set up to sit in as such it showed a far more positive set up and a hunger from the team to pass & move the ball around from the first whistle .

An excellent display tonight ,quite why it took the manager so long  to see what everyone else could see even after the first leg against Malmö that the set up was wrong is another of those oversights that has ultimately cost us a CL place with his stubbornness.

It makes the last four games look a wasted opportunity that could have had them n prime position to quality for the CL and get the League campaign off to a flier .

18 minutes ago, HG5 said:

If I’d extended my post a bit, I too would have got into that, JH👍

Still leaves a bit of concern, if his game time needs to be managed so carefully, but you raise a very valid point.

Im just starting to think that his gametime needs managed.. there is no real other explanation in my mind. As I said.. we are involved with a company that provides data and predicts injuries.. so it might have something to do with that.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He fucking wasnae :lol:

He was much better tonight than he has been this season.  He covered Simpson and Patersons arses tonight, one blip aside was composed defensively, was always willing to step forward and contribute to our forward play and he sent some gorgeous long dangerous balls forward.

Simpson was the howler tonight and only underperformer.

Not long back from the game. Fucking superb to be back :alfie:

To a man absolutely brilliant, especially in the first 60 mins. Dunfermline offered nothing though and their fans were embarrassing. Very impressed with Patterson & Bassey - enjoyed Bassey’s cross for Hagi’s goal. Not bad for a boy that can’t cross a ball.

On to Thursday.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He was much better tonight than he has been this season.  He covered Simpson and Patersons arses tonight, one blip aside was composed defensively, was always willing to step forward and contribute to our forward play and he sent some gorgeous long dangerous balls forward.

Simpson was the howler tonight and only underperformer.

They were both terrible. There's absolutely no confidence around him at the minute at all. Simpson is an absolute riot but naw, no way is anybody telling me that Goldson put in an improved/good performance tonight even against Dunfermline at home. 

There's backing your players and then there's just deluding yourself.