*****Official Dundee v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

3 points is the most important thing but that was disgraceful at times. No cohesion whatsoever. 

We had an identity and clear game plan in every match last season, this year players look like they don't have a clue. Waiting for passes to reach them instead of going to meet them. Tav getting beat by that guy on the left twice in 5 minutes was a shocker as well. 

Hopefully they take the positive that we've still won the match and it kicks us on because if we don't we will end up having a few shocking results. 

That was barely a football game, more like organised hacking enabled by some very poor decisions by the ref.  I lost count of the number of times a Dundee player lunged in and never even seen a yellow.

At the end of the day we won and it's 3 points but we'll need to be smarter in these games.  Also Tav and Goldson really need to improve.  They were both horrendous in defence today 

First 25 minutes I thought we were good enough and again more like ourselves but we dropped out of the game until final whistle. Very lucky for the penalty save. Goldson to blame and McLaughlin saved his face - thank fuck.

Thought defensively we were very lazy after we got our goal. Slow to move the ball out and making silly mistakes. Still concerned despite being top of the league and getting results. Not sure how we turn it around performance wise and onto a tough game on Thursday v Sparta Prague.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

Woeful and outplayed but fuck it, we're still top. McLaughlin might be the best second-choice keeper we've ever had, such a cool head on his shoulders. Lundstram did well in the Davis role and was the only outfield player to get pass marks. 

We're completely disjointed at the minute. Goldson is a shadow of himself and isn't organising at the back. Others are trying to play their way into form. The entire system just isn't working right now. 

Neil Alexander takes that spot.

Infact Stefan Klos was at one point 2nd choice to Waterreus so he probably takes the win.

18 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Dundee manager just got red carded. Said something to Madden. 🤣

How can he have anything to complain about today?! Madden should've sent off half his team for some of the terrible tackles they put in.  He was giving them the advantage in every 50-50 and even when they were grabbing onto our players in their box during corners!

42 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Another horrific performance

Goldson, Kamara, Lundstrum...players on big money and players who have asked for more money...turn out the worst on the pitch 

If we don't sort the midfield problem we'll lose more games this season

Lundstram played well today - he’s getting there 

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

I reckon I would take McLaughlin over Alexander, but that might be recency bias.

However I'd forgotten about that time when Klos was 2nd choice so it's actually him, but still - McLaughlin is not bad at this goalkeeping thing.

I’d definitely say it’s decency bias, Alexander had some great performances for us both in Europe and Domestically, remember he was in goals in that semi final in Florence.

I’d agree McLaughlin is a very good backup keeper though.

32 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Lol Lundstrum's got this fanbase behind him because he was shite in his first few games, now when he gives a 3/10 performance (like today) that's a good performance 

Our defensive problems this season come from the fact our midfield are utter shit and can't control a game, Lundstrum/Kamara have been by far the worst performers in the squad so far 

Well that's just not true.