*****Official Dundee v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

I’ve not been one to go after Tav for being captain but fuck sake it makes you ask questions when your captain and vice captain instantly blame everyone else after they’ve made a mistake/got done. Not looking forward to this Europa game at all midweek. 

That was another difficult watch. Apart from Lundstrom, it would be difficult to give an outfield player pass marks today. Defensively we were a fuckin shambles with Tav and Goldstone the worst offenders. I’m not even sure what our style of play is this season, everything is so slow and laboured. We won’t get away with this much longer so I’m hoping that we find a bit of form soon. The only positive today is the three points, but I suppose that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day. 

Just now, Sunglasses Ron said:

Terrible performance again. I’m resigned that we’ll be playing like this for the foreseeable as we are still so far off the pace. Like groundhog day virtually every game now .

Surely SG can see how bad it is?! That was like walking football 😩.

That's an insult to walking football imo.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Midfield can't control a game????? 

Today we had 69% of the ball, we had 19 shots on goal and 3 on target, 83% of our shots roughly are off target, Dundee had 31% of the ball, 12 shots on goal with 6 on target 

Its nothing to do with controlling the game, its how fucking shite we are up front, pre covid shite

3 shots on target from 19 is an abysmal stat, not just a poor one but abysmal

In the league we are averaging less than 2 goals per game scored, conceding less than a goal a game, and the goals scored is skewed by us scoring 7 in the livi and county games, 5 goals in 5 games is fucking awful

Midfield control the game but create fuck all.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Today we had 69% of the ball, we had 19 shots on goal and 3 on target, 83% of our shots roughly are off target, Dundee had 31% of the ball, 12 shots on goal with 6 on target 

Its nothing to do with controlling the game, its how fucking shite we are up front, pre covid shite

In the league we are averaging less than 2 goals per game scored, conceding less than a goal a game, and the goals scored is skewed by us scoring 7 in the livi and county games, 5 goals in 5 games is fucking awful

I remember the days when winning by 4 goals at home was just a normal routine victory and the minimum expected and any less was doom and gloom now u have cunts that think a 4-0 win is absolutely humping the opposition. Amazing how standards can drop from era to era

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I remember the days when winning by 4 goals at home was just a normal routine victory and the minimum expected and any less was doom and gloom now u have cunts that think a 4-0 win is absolutely humping the opposition. Amazing how standards can drop from era to era

Just drop it rab eh? 

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think you're right to an extent but suggesting it's up front almost suggests our strikers are misfiring. That's not the case as much as it's our style of attack. Hit the wings then punt the ball into the box where 5 defenders are waiting. Again we got our joy by going down the centre today which we aren't doing enough.

8 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Good at pointing and shouting at others when he's fucked up though. 

Saw this last week when he nearly scored and own goal. First reaction was to turn and scream at Tav (wasn’t Tav’s fault). Other players need to start putting him in his place and ask who the fuck he thinks he’s talking to. 

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Midfield control the game but create fuck all.

Its the system, that fucking God awful 3 sitting nonsense and make the fullbacks play the ball into the box is brutal

We've tried every player in every position they can play in, sooner or later the system must be questioned