*****Official Dundee v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, superallysbears said:

No really cause we took all the points today 👍

We did that often pre new year in the first two seasons, post new year the arse fell out of us, 

Keep playing as we are that post new year arse collapse might be brought forward a month or two

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Midfield can't control a game????? 

Today we had 69% of the ball, we had 19 shots on goal and 3 on target, 83% of our shots roughly are off target, Dundee had 31% of the ball, 12 shots on goal with 6 on target 

Its nothing to do with controlling the game, its how fucking shite we are up front, pre covid shite

3 shots on target from 19 is an abysmal stat, not just a poor one but abysmal

In the league we are averaging less than 2 goals per game scored, conceding less than a goal a game, and the goals scored is skewed by us scoring 7 in the livi and county games, 5 goals in 5 games is fucking awful

How many of those 16 "off target" shots were goal bound efforts that were blocked by the foot, shin, knee or body of one of their 5 centre backs?

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Could be but there isn't a taig team winning games consistently. We are still the more consistent side and most likely to win looking at the results. 

We all know we are not playing great and something needs changing but if we are to go through a bleak period like this then winning games is exactly what is required. Who's to say this isn't our bad batch.. Its not set in stone it has to be post Christmas our form and results dip. 

If we are honking all season but win the league then so be it. I'll bite the hand off anyone for that. 

Kinda hoping the same. This is our bad spell. Surely can only get better?!

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Noticed that as well, couldn't even bring himself to say "Rangers" utter cretin.

Says Alot about someone who is happy signing that peado cunt! Nuff said about that wank of a manager, whatever the name of the nonentity is:wanker:

That was chronic today I thought the Motherwell game couldn't be surpassed today's efforts were well below even that.

The amount of clear chances Dundee created of their own making and our idiotic sideways passing of which they continually snuffed out too easily should be a wake up call.

Going into Thursdays standards will need to improve drastically that was a lazy arse display today even before the goal .

Three points is one thing but they'll get picked off easily if that's the level they are happy to be at and given the amount of times Dundee players were in about our penalty box we were lucky to come away with a win today.

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Could be but there isn't a taig team winning games consistently. We are still the more consistent side and most likely to win looking at the results. 

We all know we are not playing great and something needs changing but if we are to go through a bleak period like this then winning games is exactly what is required. Who's to say this isn't our bad batch.. Its not set in stone it has to be post Christmas our form and results dip. 

If we are honking all season but win the league then so be it. I'll bite the hand off anyone for that. 

It’s a bit long to be called a bad patch and if we play like today we’re winning fuck all.

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

It’s a bit long to be called a bad patch and if we play like today we’re winning fuck all.

Played shite and won. 

Played poor most of season yet are top with room to spare. 

Winning fuck all but 😂 

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Mate we’ve had a difficult start to the season for a number of reason, players arriving back late for pre season due to international commitments issues with Covid and been unlucky with injuries, players have still to find form. Every cunts panicking but we’re still top we’ve beat the tramps I’m sure our form will improve as we settle into the season Goldson needs to get his shit together. Winning when we’re not at our best is the sign of champions 

I sure hope this is the bad patch right enough. Far too many players who are quite simply not working hard enough. The first half was bad and you think with a boot up the arse at half time things might improve but no, more of the same. What are the management saying to them?

The culprits themselves must know they can do better. Last year players I would say were performing at 90-100%. This year? I’d put it at about 60-70 if I’m being generous.

4 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

I sure hope this is the bad patch right enough. Far too many players who are quite simply not working hard enough. The first half was bad and you think with a boot up the arse at half time things might improve but no, more of the same. What are the management saying to them?

The culprits themselves must know they can do better. Last year players I would say were performing at 90-100%. This year? I’d put it at about 60-70 if I’m being generous.

You are being generous mate ! 

Just now, bluenoz said:

Sure the three points are good but can't you just admit we were rotten? Btw, Dundee played three days ago as well. Even your excuses are feeble.

Under performers all over the park.

I already mentioned we didn't play well but that doesn't matter when you get the 3 points. At the end of the day that's all that's ever going to matter in the league. 

We are out in front and pulling further ahead, winning breeds confidence and puts all the pressure back on a club begging for an away win. 

Folk go on about their meltdowns but looking in here today's there plenty of us embarassing themselves.