*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

As I recall Killie never voted in our favour merely abstained.

Glad they are down and hope that they stay there until they rip up that terrible plastic that they call a pitch.

If I remember right there needed to be a certain number of decisive votes so them abstaining had the same effect as them voting to keep us in the SPL.

But I'm not defending them. I already had a "fuck every other team" attitude and Jakes Pal convinced me I was right not to make any exception for Killie.

16 minutes ago, PGWoodwind said:

If I remember right there needed to be a certain number of decisive votes so them abstaining had the same effect as them voting to keep us in the SPL.

But I'm not defending them. I already had a "fuck every other team" attitude and Jakes Pal convinced me I was right not to make any exception for Killie.

That's right. I had forgotten about that.

16 minutes ago, PGWoodwind said:

The Kilmarnock board at the time were the only one's who understood that they would be killing the goose that laid the golden egg if Rangers were demoted. Not only did the resulting one horse race (during which Filth developed the belief that they were invincible :mutley:) reduce the value of the TV rights, it also meant that Killie lost out on ten thousand Bears paying good money twice a season.

With the benefit of hindsight, our journey through the lower leagues was enjoyable and also a humbling experience. Any Bear who lived through those times will never take success in football for granted again, unlike the entitled scum across the city who threw sharks around as a result of losing a cup game.

14 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

The Kilmarnock board at the time were the only one's who understood that they would be killing the goose that laid the golden egg if Rangers were demoted. Not only did the resulting one horse race (during which Filth developed the belief that they were invincible :mutley:) reduce the value of the TV rights, it also meant that Killie lost out on ten thousand Bears paying good money twice a season.

With the benefit of hindsight, our journey through the lower leagues was enjoyable and also a humbling experience. Any Bear who lived through those times will never take success in football for granted again, unlike the entitled scum across the city who threw sharks around as a result of losing a cup game.

Not at all surprised that fans of the other teams wanted us demoted but I was surprised that the clubs themselves were so stupid as to choose spite over any kind of reason or self interest.

49 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Our journey through the lower leagues was fucking shite. Nothing to gain, numerous humiliating losses to absolute diddy teams. Alloa, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Annan, Peterhead, finishing 3rd in the Championship at the first attempt after losing 7 games in the league and getting shagged off Motherwell

The worst time in the history of our club 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Our journey through the lower leagues was fucking shite. Nothing to gain, numerous humiliating losses to absolute diddy teams. Alloa, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Annan, Peterhead, finishing 3rd in the Championship at the first attempt after losing 7 games in the league and getting shagged off Motherwell

I disagree, I thought it was a novelty after playing the same teams every other year of my life.

If I could go back I would change it and have stayed in the SPL but looking back it was mostly enjoyable despite the mismanagement at the time.

23 minutes ago, PGWoodwind said:

I disagree, I thought it was a novelty after playing the same teams every other year of my life.

If I could go back I would change it and have stayed in the SPL but looking back it was mostly enjoyable despite the mismanagement at the time.

It was fucking awful :lol:

Every moment in those leagues was dreadful 

24 minutes ago, PGWoodwind said:

There was nothing enjoyable about this period in our history 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Perhaps enjoyable was the wrong description with regards to the football on the field, enlightening perhaps a more apt description. The worst time in our history absolutely, the point I was trying to make is that the fact that we are Champions now, despite what we came through and overcome is all the sweeter

1 hour ago, PGWoodwind said:

What were the highlights from the 4 years down in the dregs for you exactly? 

3 hours ago, PGWoodwind said:

Easy to do that when you already have a pretty certain view that the other 10 are voting us out so you know it doesn't matter. There then chairman stated that as it was financially negative for them he had a fiduciary duty not to vote us out. I teresting the other boards voted us out despite a negative financial effect on them but the regulators never questioned it.