*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

On 13/10/2021 at 17:43, The Specky Liar said:

Away days in the lower leagues were class

Can’t disagree with that 

football was shite to embarrassing and everything in between but some great days out that you just don’t get anymore being bussed right in and out of car parks in soulless stadiums on the outskirts of Perth or the Tony macaroni arena .

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Can’t disagree with that 

football was shite to embarrassing and everything in between but some great days out that you just don’t get anymore being bussed right in and out of car parks in soulless stadiums on the outskirts of Perth or the Tony macaroni arena .

No terracing at Annan, just a flat surface. Forfar stadium situated at a cattle market. Alloa having a KFC in the car park. Scaffolding for stands at Peterhead. Brechin having a hedge for a stand. 

Great memories :lol: 

Fuck it away to read the banter years thread from a few years ago

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

No terracing at Annan, just a flat surface. Forfar stadium situated at a cattle market. Alloa having a KFC in the car park. Scaffolding for stands at Peterhead. Brechin having a hedge for a stand. 

Great memories :lol: 

Fuck it away to read the banter years thread from a few years ago

Has this thread been deleted?

I’ll never forget the lower leagues, good or mostly bad. 

That night at Alloa where we got beat 3-2 I honestly thought that we’d never come back the way we have. Standing in the snow at a time was one of the worst feelings I had with Rangers. 

Met some amazing people on the way though and had some trips I’ll never forget. 

30 minutes ago, jamess said:

If you stop supporting coz your team is shit and playing in a lower league then maybe your not a supporter. Full stadiums throughout suggests the core support is solid. Just need to pass on to our children.

That was the real legacy of those days. Attendances in level 4 exceeding EPL attendances.

On 13/10/2021 at 16:52, SPWF said:

Lower leagues enjoyable :lol: Not only was it embarrassing to be there, the football Ally served us up was beyond awful. If you enjoyed anything about that period of our history you need your head examined tbh. 

I look back on the lower leagues with bittersweet memories. Yes some of the results were beyond embarrassing, and the style of play was usually mediocre to piss poor. Despite all that it will always have a special place in my heart. My dad and I went to so many games home and away and I have a lifetime of memories from them. What I'd give to go to a game with him again 😥

10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I’ll never forget the lower leagues, good or mostly bad. 

That night at Alloa where we got beat 3-2 I honestly thought that we’d never come back the way we have. Standing in the snow at a time was one of the worst feelings I had with Rangers. 

Met some amazing people on the way though and had some trips I’ll never forget. 

That night was a particular low.... In an era with a lot of lows.

40 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Hearts at home getting abandoned in the snow.

Remember it well. Mate and I fought through the snow by car from Fife and due to the conditions we were late. Our bums had literally just touched our seats when the ref abandoned it. Can laugh looking back at it now but at the time was a nightmare.