Players that need moved on

Madina

At the training day on Thur I saw Brandon Barker and totally forgot he was still with us until then. Why was he not sold/loaned? 

Stephen Kelly - as much as I rate the boy it's clear hes not part of Gerrard's plans when he couldnt even get more than a cameo role when we were 5-0 up v Dunfermline

Ryan Jack - controversial, but we cant rely on him for more than 5 games in a row before he breaks down again

Andy Firth - nothing more than a cheerleader 

Scott Arfield - looks like a season too far at Ibrox for Scotty. Sad to say 

Any others we should look to sell in Jan?

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

At the training day on Thur I saw Brandon Barker and totally forgot he was still with us until then. Why was he not sold/loaned? 

Stephen Kelly - as much as I rate the boy it's clear hes not part of Gerrard's plans when he couldnt even get more than a cameo role when we were 5-0 up v Dunfermline

Ryan Jack - controversial, but we cant rely on him for more than 5 games in a row before he breaks down again

I love these post where we talk about players needing sold and moved on. Unfortunately there is a little thing called a contract and to rip it up usually there is a hefty fee. It's easy saying we need these players off the books but who is going to want them? What mental chairman would sanction a fee and or wages for Andy firth?

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I love these post where we talk about players needing sold and moved on. Unfortunately there is a little thing called a contract and to rip it up usually there is a hefty fee. It's easy saying we need these players off the books but who is going to want them? What mental chairman would sanction a fee and or wages for Andy firth?

Same with barker, we pay stupid wages and want rid of him. Hardly appealing to other clubs 😂

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Firth mclaughlin mcgregor tav goldson simsin davis kamara aribo bacuna morelos barker stewart hastie

You do know that Stewart has already left, now plays in India for a team managed by Owen Coyle, Jampedshur

2 hours ago, Madina said:

Brandon barker should just be let go if he isn't going to get in the squad. Nobody will buy him or pay him what we are.

Stephen Kelly is still young but it's looking more likely he won't get given an opportunity. Although I did like the look of him in pre season. 

Ryan Jack needs to be given time to see if he can get himself fit, the problem was not getting another player that can challenge him. If he is still breaking down by the end of his contract then let him go for free. 

Andy firth is nothing more than an emergency goalkeeper. His wages won't make any difference whether we pay him or not. A lot of clubs have an emergency goalkeeper on their books. Man city have Scott Carson who is about 40 and dreadful. 

I'd sell Tavernier purely because we need to play Patterson and increase his value. As it stands we will lose Patterson for a fraction what he could be worth. 

We do have a lot of deadwood  Arfield Davis  Barker McGregor McLaughlin are in last year of contract and will leave at end of season. Firth is  assistant Goalkeeper coach as well as emergency 4 th choice so will probably stay on if manager stays  Kelly Is not going to get a chance and at around 20/21  needs to be playing as not a youngster any more he has a full season in SPFL under his belt last season at Ross county too so should be played or moved on  Jack  time will tell but we have missed him hope he can get back quickly but if isn’t playing by xmas he will need to go too Simpson is a bombscare  and has been a disaster  we can add Sakala  and Bacuna to that list as well dreadful signings both  we also have Balogun who is required at moment but isn’t good enough  Katic who we need to assess after serious injury like Jack  Goldson who is refusing to sign a new deal is a concern  all in all if and when the manager leaves there isn’t a great deal left for new boss and no money either!!!

4 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I don't understand the shit Aribo gets. Play him as part of a front 3 or a number 10. Otherwise he's wasted. 

One of our better players thus far, in games played. 

He needs to do more, has loads of ability. Skins players then plays an absolutely rotten pass. He should be getting 15 goals this season and trying to be the best in Scotland but he's on the fringes.

There’s going to be a tear up at the end of the season, with I think McLaughlin, Firth, McGregor, Goldson, Balogun, Arfield, Davis, Barker and Defoe all out of contract (there’s probably more). 

And then there’s those who’d a year left and that point and will probably move on (McCrorie, Morelos, Jack, Helander, Aribio, Kent, I think). 

Could be a rebuild of celtic proportions required. Hate to think what happens if we don’t win the league this season.

1 hour ago, Snake Plissken said:

Its easy to say such and such needs to move on but also need to ponder who might actually want them?

Arfield for example; just don't think he has anything else to contribute here. Maybe the MLS?

If Arfield became available every team in the SPFL outside of celtic would bite your hand off for him.

10 hours ago, Madina said:

why was Brando barker bought in the first place should be the question....he was not that great when he was up here playing for hibs before we got him.

10 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Morelos , kamara , Davis,  tav , goldson , mcgregor 

I’d agree with this. We claim to be a club that finds good players on the cheap, develops them and moves them on. There’s zero evidence of this.

I love Morelos but he needs to leave next summer along with Kamara, Kent or Aribo