*****The Official St. Mirren vs Champions Match Thread*****

Just now, The Dude said:

Because its much harder to manage his training load and give him the appropriate recovery time when you're playing twice a week.

If any of this is true then get rid of him. Senseless having a keeper that canā€™t play every league gameĀ 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He can't manage two games a week. Which when we often play two games a week isn't a whole lot of use to us.

Mclaughlin should be number 1 then, consistent keepers help defenders settle

Rest of the team is good for me mind you, im even alright with davis still playing

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Mclaughlin should be number 1 then, consistent keepers help defenders settle

Rest of the team is good for me mind you, im even alright with davis still playing

I agree. I don't like this chopping and change on a game-by-game basis. Pick one, give him the gloves and stick with him to get some consistency in the side.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I agree. I don't like this chopping and change on a game-by-game basis. Pick one, give him the gloves and stick with him to get some consistency in the side.

Ive never rated goldson as high as others, but i defended him with the rotation of centre half partners, doesnt help him settle into a routine with someone, learn their game and second guess their moves etc

Same with the keeper, but now its both centre halves being put out

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Rotating keepers again.

Fucking fuck meĀ 

Tbf and bloody hope I don't jinx him but McLaughlin is better with the high ball into the box and I expect st mirren to do a lot of that today.

1-3 for the Rangers today. It's also good to have two decent keepers .

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ive never rated goldson as high as others, but i defended him with the rotation of centre half partners, doesnt help him settle into a routine with someone, learn their game and second guess their moves etc

Same with the keeper, but now its both centre halves being put out

Absolutely. Every player I've ever asked about has always said having a settled keeper makes a massive difference - even if both have been around the club for ages and played a huge number of games. It's all about the routine of knowing where he'll be or what he'll do in different situations and I can't understand why anyone would consistently rotate keepers.

53 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Sounds terribleĀ 

Perhaps, but no worse than Morelos up front on his tod, or alongside Roofe.Ā 

I donā€™t get the love in for Morelos regardless of how he plays or acts. Never have.Ā Yes, heā€™s had some good spells, in Europe in particular, but in the main he disappoints IMO.

I reckon heā€™s held in such regard as he provided hope after us being served up so much shite since our demotion.

Misses loads of sitters, has very little composure in front of goal, tends to hit and hope, canā€™t outpace defenders and not much variety in his play. Heā€™s not even a battering ram anymore. Can recall the last time he gave a defender a torrid time.

Compare and contrast with Roofe who scores all types of goals, good composure and links up well then makes every effort to get in the box unlike Morelos who tends to either stand back and admire his cross field pass or saunters into the box and is usually just short of meeting a cross.

Outwith RM, every Rangers fan I know feels the same and wants him punted ASAP.

Ā