*****The Official St. Mirren vs Champions Match Thread*****

7 minutes ago, beararse said:

Perhaps, but no worse than Morelos up front on his tod, or alongside Roofe. 

I don’t get the love in for Morelos regardless of how he plays or acts. Never have. Yes, he’s had some good spells, in Europe in particular, but in the main he disappoints IMO.

I reckon he’s held in such regard as he provided hope after us being served up so much shite since our demotion.

Misses loads of sitters, has very little composure in front of goal, tends to hit and hope, can’t outpace defenders and not much variety in his play. He’s not even a battering ram anymore. Can recall the last time he gave a defender a torrid time.

Compare and contrast with Roofe who scores all types of goals, good composure and links up well then makes every effort to get in the box unlike Morelos who tends to either stand back and admire his cross field pass or saunters into the box and is usually just short of meeting a cross.

Outwith RM, every Rangers fan I know feels the same and wants him punted ASAP.

:lol:

13 minutes ago, beararse said:

I don’t get the love in for Morelos regardless of how he plays or acts. Never have. Yes, he’s had some good spells, in Europe in particular, but in the main he disappoints IMO.

I reckon he’s held in such regard as he provided hope after us being served up so much shite since our demotion.

Misses loads of sitters, has very little composure in front of goal, tends to hit and hope, can’t outpace defenders and not much variety in his play. He’s not even a battering ram anymore. Can recall the last time he gave a defender a torrid time.

Compare and contrast with Roofe who scores all types of goals, good composure and links up well then makes every effort to get in the box unlike Morelos who tends to either stand back and admire his cross field pass or saunters into the box and is usually just short of meeting a cross.

It’s not just about scoring goals though. In most games Morelos does so much off the ball work it’s missed when he’s not playing. He drags defenders all over the place allowing Roofe and others to score.

Gerrard on McGregor:

“We are going to have to manage him.

“He’s at that age. He’s made a decision for us to play on, and have had that chat and it was about me saying to Allan at times we are going to have to look after him.

"We want Allan fit for the rest of the season, he is so important for us, but I can’t ask him to go game, game game.

“His body is at a stage where he needs looking after at times.”

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Gerrard on McGregor:

“We are going to have to him.

“He’s at that age. He’s made a decision for us to play on, and have had that chat and it was about me saying to Allan at times we are going to have to look after him.

"We want Allan fit for the rest of the season, he is so important for us, but I can’t ask him to go game, game game.

Grim reading that 😔

18 minutes ago, beararse said:

I kinda of agree, he is still living off of the form of the season before last to some extent. My issue is he chances to goals conversion rate is actually quite poor. Even at his best I suspect that's why he never got snapped up by one of Europe's top leagues. 

Hopefully he gets that 100th goal and goes on a scoring run again.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Gerrard on McGregor:

“We are going to have to him.

Greggs has always seemed like he's in good shape. Maybe it's the sports science these days but I'd like to think a keeper can get through the majority of games, considering he did last season. If that is the case, I'd rather make McLaughlin number 1 and have a settled back line. 

Would have preferred Kamara in for Davis but pretty happy with the lineup. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Listening to Tav talk about racism is harrowing btw. Said he never experienced it down South

Shocking in this day and age anybody needs to be worried about any abuse their kids might face due to the colour of their skin 

5 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Greggs has always seemed like he's in good shape. Maybe it's the sports science these days but I'd like to think a keeper can get through the majority of games, considering he did last season. If that is the case, I'd rather make McLaughlin number 1 and have a settled back line. 

Would have preferred Kamara in for Davis but pretty happy with the lineup. 

Hard to say but I assume he has some sort of long term injury which flares up after games.

I doubt it's a general fatigue issue.