We’ve got two of the best players in the league back today

graeme_4

18 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Kent's the best player in the league by some distance

When he is on his game there is no one near him, the kent we saw in august and september wasnt the real thing. Clearly carrying some injury and was getting stick. What a difference he will make.

Kent, Sakala and Hagi as our front three are brilliant for the movement and creativity all of them are capable of producing.  If Morelos or Roofe want back in the team, they're going to have to play a lot better.

With Jack back we can hopefully have that extra energy he brings to the midfield.  We've missed him doing the work of two players.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I was genuinely surprised just how good Kent was today. If he keeps that form up this winter period isn’t looking quite as horrible. He can win us games himself 

Completely agree. How can he be out for so long but yet look so sharp in his first start since? Even on Thursday night for the goal his first touch from Aribo was unbelievable then the weight and timing of the pass to Hagi was absolutely spot on. Not a hint of being ring-rusty. Experience of watching players come back from injury tells me he should need time but watching him today and against Brondby I don't think he does so I don't get it but long may it continue.

2 hours ago, shaka said:

Kent, Sakala and Hagi as our front three are brilliant for the movement and creativity all of them are capable of producing.  If Morelos or Roofe want back in the team, they're going to have to play a lot better.

With Jack back we can hopefully have that extra energy he brings to the midfield.  We've missed him doing the work of two players.

Morelos will and should be back in against Hibs 

13 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Not until you see kent back that you realise how stupid those who wanted him dropped before his injury are. Roasters. He’s some player. 

Kent has been poor this season before his injury. Excellent today and when he came off the bench on Thursday. Actually hate how people try to shame other posters for their opinion based on only one or two games.

16 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Kent has been poor this season before his injury. Excellent today and when he came off the bench on Thursday. Actually hate how people try to shame other posters for their opinion based on only one or two games.

He’s a better option than anyone we’ve got whether in poor form for him or not and I was meaning what I’d saw on Twitter etc not here.

2 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

He’s a better option than anyone we’ve got whether in poor form for him or not and I was meaning what I’d saw on Twitter etc not here.

You said that people who wanted Kent dropped before his injury were roasters. You might have seen that opinion on Twitter but it was an opinion that was justly growing on here as he wasn't playing well at the time and Sakala on the left was an exciting unknown.

Before his injury Kent would receive the ball, control it, do a bit of skill then pass it back to Kamara. Today was a totally different player. Almost everything he did was positive. Fantastic to watch and a wee taste of what's to come after yet another international break.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You said that people who wanted Kent dropped before his injury were roasters. You might have seen that opinion on Twitter but it was an opinion that was justly growing on here as he wasn't playing well at the time and Sakala on the left was an exciting unknown.

Before his injury Kent would receive the ball, control it, do a bit of skill then pass it back to Kamara. Today was a totally different player. Almost everything he did was positive. Fantastic to watch and a wee taste of what's to come after yet another international break.

I meant a lot of the people I saw who were of that opinion were the knee jerk types you see on places like that, these guys are generally roasters. I think he’s our best player and we’re set to be in a far better place now he’s back especially if Thursday and today we’re anything to go by. He was rated a doubt as far back as the celtic game at Home and I don’t think he was 100% right up until he was ruled out. A fully fit kent is a massive boost to this team. 

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

With Kent and Jack back, we are one player away (Helander) from a whole squad to choose from. It is getting very tough to pick the best 11.

You're right it's tough. I said before the game that that was a scattergun, names in the hat, team line up. Random FC.

After watching today I'm more confused than ever over our strongest 11. It wasn't today's although a few certainly stake a claim.