Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Everyone claims to know the inside scoop, so you can believe it or not, I don't care.

But I know a friend of his and he is saying that being closer to his family was a major factor in his decision making.

All fair and well but when you've stuck it out this long what's another 6 months? 

Just now, Dickie1963 said:

Have you looked at the latest accounts.

Not as bad as some made out but not going to spend a fortune on Lampard.

I am going for someone left field.

Lampard's stock is quite low and he has made his money. He won't be getting a fortune in his next job.

If it's family reasons for him going, then fair enough. I don't understand why they couldn't move up here, but hey ho. He gave his all and we've had some great memories with him at the helm (some piss poor ones too mind). I think things have been bubbling away behind the scenes....as not everything looked rosy. Time to make a change. 

Looking forward to a new broom!

Thank you for 55 Gerrard and Co!

4 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Everyone claims to know the inside scoop, so you can believe it or not, I don't care.

But I know a friend of his and he is saying that being closer to his family was a major factor in his decision making.

He was a weirdo not just moving his family to be with him like a normal person tbf.  He did it in Los Angeles?

Stop with the shite "rat" patter and hoping he fails. It's like a spurned lover upset that his ex has left him for someone else.

We thank him for his service and the memories he created and we move on. The club is always bigger than one man and he left us in far better shape than we were in when he took over. We can be thankful for that whilst recognising that how he left isn't ideal.

On to the next one and hopefully a new manager can galvanise the squad.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Why couldn't we afford Lampard?

We pay managers about 2.5M a year, so that isn’t enough but not too far away. I’m pretty sure he’s about to go to Norwich though.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Lampard's stock is quite low and he has made his money. He won't be getting a fortune in his next job.

Exactly. He’s interested in the Norwich job which is already a guaranteed relegation and season in the championship.

Just now, writingranger said:

Is there an official post somewhere. Is the whole backroom going too. Is Jimmy the kitman?

The official club statement thanked his backroom staff as well. No names been given but pretty safe to say its all of them.

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

If it's family reasons for him going, then fair enough. I don't understand why they couldn't move up here, but hey ho. He gave his all and we've had some great memories with him at the helm (some piss poor ones too mind). I think things have been bubbling away behind the scenes....as not everything looked rosy. Time to make a change. 

Looking forward to a new broom!

Thank you for 55 Gerrard and Co!

Where are folk reading this family reasons stuff? I don't doubt it's true, but I haven't seen that.