Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

37 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Randomly (probably the only person in the world but) I listen to Go Radio’s football show when commuting on tube. I tend to download their podcast when available.

On their show tonight Craig Moore mentioned it. He said he thinks it’ll be one of his ex-team mates, and mentioned Gio and Shota were being discussed. I’m sure he will be as he’s out of work too after a good shift with the team Peter Huistra is in charge of now.

Pieter Huistra……now there’s a name  I’ve not heard in a while!

Really liked him as a player back in the day.

Did a wee Wikipedia search on him out of curiosity.
Turns out he was head coach at Ajax at one point and has been working with Averladze as technical director at a club in Uzbekistan.

Seems to have carved out a successful career in football, after hanging up his playing boots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieter_Huistra

Looks like Chandler Bing from Friends these days.

Needs to ditch that fucking tie!!!

8B677791-C77D-48F3-ACFB-3A33D1A92EB0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Seriously doubt he was offered the newcastle or spurs jobs, in fact its quite likely this is the first concrete offer he's had. and he's bitten the hand off.

If we fail to win the league this season and hand celtic domination due to the financial repercussions that will be on him, his legacy.

Fuck acting like a cuck that's just watched his wife being fucked and then thanked the cunt, I want to hear the club reassure the fans that they are in the process of replacing him and will do so rapidly.

Course it was no way he turned down spurs ffs

The reality is SG could be sacked within 18 months or sooner as Villa have been sacking managers at a rapid rat over the last 10 years. I think it was the wrong club for him and he will regret it. But, we are in a good position and will attract a lot of interest. We just need a bit of money in the transfer kitty, sell some players and refresh the team as we have went stale.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The obsession about people's opinions on here from a select few is mental. 

It's not as if they are earth shattering as well, weird behavior imo. 

What, like yours and @The Specky Liar 's obsession with the guy who keeps posting about Goldson?

6 minutes ago, ZZed said:

The reality is SG could be sacked within 18 months or sooner as Villa have been sacking managers at a rapid rat over the last 10 years. I think it was the wrong club for him and he will regret it. But, we are in a good position and will attract a lot of interest. We just need a bit of money in the transfer kitty, sell some players and refresh the team as we have went stale.

Some risk he's took Villa are sitting 16th with no wins in 5 if he doesn't get them playing and goes down who knows where that leaves his managerial career 

But they do have a very decent squad & the owners are minted so I'm sure hes been given assurances for finances

Some of the pish floating about is hilarious. Why do people do this man. Been sent this from 3 different groups.

Arfield: We weren’t overly surprised he has been a bit distant this Season, we are neither surprised nor overly disappointed to see him go to be blunt, tactics and team meetings have lost their zip ….

We kind of expected change 

We are however expecting/wanting a new team in place ASAP we will not accept any interim or low level manager and Tav and the Senior players will be talking to the Chairmen and Stuart today.

[11/11, 16:52] Peter Millwall Gers: Gio Van Bronkhurst is coming in. Van Gastel and Arjo Philips his assistants, with Van Gastel joining once his contract with Chinese outfit Guangzhou has been terminated.

25 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Villa’s current owners have only owned the club for three years and Smith is the first manager they have sacked. I honestly think It’s as good a club as he could have hoped to get in England. I’m yet to see anybody suggest a more realistic job that he would be likely to get that would be better than Villa.

30 minutes ago, ZZed said:

One of the issues he could face is struggling to take Villa anywhere frankly. Just lounging about above mid table and not winning anything potentially for a person like Gerrard that would hurt. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Villa’s current owners have only owned the club for three years and Smith is the first manager they have sacked. I honestly think It’s as good a club as he could have hoped to get in England. I’m yet to see anybody suggest a more realistic job that he would be likely to get that would be better than Villa.

Thanks for the info, I did not know that they had been taken over. I do not follow Engilish football much.

6 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

One of the issues he could face is struggling to take Villa anywhere frankly. Just lounging about above mid table and not winning anything potentially for a person like Gerrard that would hurt. 

He’s probably thinking he’s still learning and will be happy with that but he’ll win fuck all

43 minutes ago, beararse said:

Pieter Huistra……now there’s a name  I’ve not heard in a while!

Really liked him as a player back in the day.

Did a wee Wikipedia search on him out of curiosity.
Turns out he was head coach at Ajax at one point and has been working with Averladze as technical director at a club in Uzbekistan.

Seems to have carved out a successful career in football, after hanging up his playing boots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieter_Huistra

Looks like Chandler Bing from Friends these days.

Needs to ditch that fucking tie!!!

8B677791-C77D-48F3-ACFB-3A33D1A92EB0.jpeg

Player on his day for sure.

10 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Patterson can't get in his team the now, don't see it.

£10m for Tav for an EPL team for what he brings is a bargain to be honest, even as a squad player. They cunts dump £20m on fucking prospects now days.

If Gerrard wants to play a similar system to what he had here with its reliance on Tav, I think there is a real chance he comes in for him.

Just hope it's not a chicken feed offer and the board hold firm for good money. Tav is still miles ahead of Patterson.

Oh i dont think gerrard will come in for patterson, i think everton will come back in with an increased offer. 

Yeah i really rate tav but at his age i just dont see someone paying that kind of fee for him tbh. 

27 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

Some risk he's took Villa are sitting 16th with no wins in 5 if he doesn't get them playing and goes down who knows where that leaves his managerial career 

But they do have a very decent squad & the owners are minted so I'm sure hes been given assurances for finances

It’s a huge risk he’s took and one I don’t really understand.

He stays here, manages in European competition of some form every season, wins a few trophy’s and league titles and with his status in Liverpool he’s guaranteed the job when Klopp goes.

Fail in the prem at a club like Villa and get sacked/ relegated and the Liverpool job is gone, simple as that.

Makes me wonder if there was something else he wasn’t happy about with us? Possibly the time away from his family or could it be he wanted more backing in the summer? I don’t believe he’s left due to money for the simple fact he doesn’t need it and wasn’t exactly on minimum wage with us, and it’s such a risky career move when you consider what we all know is his ultimate aim I can’t help what wonder what’s pushed him into this decision.