Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, stuart1994 said:

Unsurprisingly no, the only quote in their 'exclusive' article is the Denmark manager saying he doesn't want it.

Have you ever read a direct quote in a story like that?

3 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

Why do people think he is gone already the article states Villa are going to try and approach Rangers/Gerrard nothing less nothing more,

'But Villa are now poised to make a formal approach to Rangers and attempt to strike a multi-million compensation deal to take Gerrard back to England after three-and-a-half years at Ibrox.'

3 weeks ago he said he was happy & settled - imo he isn't going anywhere.

I get the feeling he'd only move to a club where there is an opportunity to win things - that's not Aston Villa but if I'm wrong so be it but I just don't see it in his character

Gerrard was asked point blank about Newcastle speculation and he didn't say he wasn't interested in it and he wanted to stay. He just said (implied actually) that he was happy being Rangers manager. That is PR language for "I'm not going to say no".

He has never said he was going to stay here and he would reject any clubs 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not going to get a quote with international break, this is from inside people highly respected in the media down south. 

Guys close to us basically saying he's gone. 

Unless the talks go tits up we know the outcome here. 

They want him, he wants them. It's going to happen. Its inevitable.

24 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think Beale stays, I honestly do.

Agreed.

I honestly think Beale would jump at the chance of being the main man here. If he has aspirations to get into management, then he would never be offered a better starting job.

Issue I that I could see all the other coaches going with Gerrard, so Beale will have to put a team together. I could see Thommo coming back to be number 2. Defoe possibly getting a place as well. 

Remember when we all 'knew' it was McInnes; or everyone 'knew' it was Howe for them a few months ago?

I'll be surprised and disappointed if it happens, but no man is bigger than the club and we'll be fine - we're certainly more attractive to potential managers now than when we took the risk to appoint him!

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not going to get a quote with international break, this is from inside people highly respected in the media down south. 

Guys close to us basically saying he's gone. 

Unless the talks go tits up we know the outcome here. 

That is my very point. We have had players close to joining us (very reliable sources) and things have broken down. It happens quite a lot. I am not going to panic just yet.. If he goes, he goes. It will be a major loss for us for a number of reasons. Hopefully we have a long list of replacements and compensation cash to go with it. It will take a special manager to fill Gerrards boots - thats for sure.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Out of all the names mentioned Lampard is one of the better shouts

Admin know my source, him to Norwich isn't as concrete as it seems.

I would think he would be interested in our job - but I don't know that for certain just now.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

Admin know my source, him to Norwich isn't as concrete as it seems.

I would think he would be interested in our job - but I don't know that for certain just now.

Normal circumstances I think he'd jump at it but would he want to follow Gerrard and potentially do a worse job? 

Would be terrible for his reputation and not saying he is an any way arrogant but his ego as well.

If anyone frequents FF and knows of any “ITK” posters then some username TheHammer_11 has said:

”Gerrard will be going nowhere until the end of the season. That is a fact and we will find that out in the next few days.”

“Revisit the comment in a few days and you’ll see. Between him and the coaching staff they are very much locked in for the season ahead.”

Post #2822 & #2836 https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/daily-mail-think-villa-will-make-an-approach-to-Rangers-to-speak-to-steven-gerrard.184001/page-57

I’m clinging onto anything and I make no apologies