Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I see where you're coming from. I actually quite like Jack tbh and he's a pretty decent coach and manager - think the pressure here would buckle him though.

Got a mate who was at St Mirren when Jack Ross was there and said he was excellent, only problem is with him that at times at Hibs they’ve looked very good but seem to bottle it when it’s most important. 

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

This board and contingency plans don't go together. At all.

Might be wishful thinking but surely to fuck somebody somewhere has thought about the possibility of our manager leaving at some point and has at the very least a list of names!

9 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I think he could make a shortlist but don't think there's any chance of us going for him If that makes sense 

I think we might interview him just to see what he’s all about with an eye on him maybe being considered the next time around, but I don’t think we would appoint him this time around.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

A few folk have already mentioned it but Tomasson could be a shout too.

Ripped Gerrards team apart with 10 men and a fraction of the budget. Thats whats pissing me off, he will cite lack of investment for him leaving and possibly family (which i get). 

But we have backed him massively in current climate and had he got us past Malmo (and ludogrets?) our finances would be much rosier. And he would have got additional investment.

18 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Aye we've definetley got the squad to win the title and that's what I think the board will pin their hopes on, our squad being better than the taigs.

They'll bring in someone cheap and out of contract to see us through to the summer and hope the quality in the squad is enough to pull us through the rest of the season

I don’t think we’ll take that gamble with CL cash at stake 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Why do people keep saying there won't be a contingency plan?

What do people think Ross Wilson's job is?

Given our recent history with managerial appointments and the fact that Gerrard was an enormous gamble in the first place from the board I can understand why some don’t trust the recruitment process.

I appreciate Wilson is a recent addition not present for any of the above.