Will any of our players end up at Villa?

6 hours ago, Inigo said:

Kent most likely for me. Kamara maybe. Aribo maybe.

Those 3 are probably first on his list. It would be no surprise to me if he came for more.

And nor just Villa either...now they all know he has gone, they will all try to destabilise our players at will. Look at the effect of keeping Morelos has had.   He had his head  completely turned by the transfer that never was, and with the lure of huge money that will be dangled in front of them, all are potential transfer targets, and with a player manager with such a huge reputation now away, hence our need to replace him with someone the players will respect. 

Or we'll be stripped out.

Suspect Kent, Aribo and Kamara will be on his watch list, but given funds at his disposal he'll likely go for a (supposed) higher calibre of player in Jan to help hit the ground running. 

If it goes well and they keep form up, he might view some of ours as squad options in summer.

I'd probably say Aribo given price v age and versatility is most likely. They have a few Kent types but then again he did sign about 10 wingers/inside forwards for us one year so might do the same with them.

Just now, RoboBear said:

I think he might come in for Patterson which would be a bit ironic as he didn't seem to rate him

He clearly does rate him, if he was a left back I reckon Patterson would have had plenty of game time, not so easy to play him in front of your chosen captain whose goals & assists are over 100

2 hours ago, shaka said:

The only one I can see them coming in for would be Aribo.  He was one of Gerrard's favourites and for good reason he's a top player who could easily play in the EPL.  Being able to play in a lot of different positions would also help but hopefully Gerrard and Aston Villa stay away from our players.... Apart from Brandon Barker, we will "reluctantly" accept any bid for him!

Aribo is championship at best, has no right foot and not consistent enough yet for the Premier league

I would envisage Kent, Aribo and possibly Kamara?

No one else would be good enough or young enough to improve their current squad. Not even Morelos, as Villa will have top 6 aspirations and Alfredo isn't at that level.

If I was Gerrard I'd be saving Patterson for Liverpool, if he keeps progressing as we all hope.