OFFICIAL: Gio Appointed Manager

Broxi

11 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Fair play to Edgar reporting from his contacts in Guangzhou. Probably should’ve checked with club first though. 

This is what gets me. How is noise coming from van Gastel and reporting it different to you hearing what Ferguson had been telling people and reporting it?

I've noticed no one on FF is talking about them in the same way they were allowed to attack you...

57 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is what gets me. How is noise coming from van Gastel and reporting it different to you hearing what Ferguson had been telling people and reporting it?

I've noticed no one on FF is talking about them in the same way they were allowed to attack you...

One thing I will say is that Edgar and 4Lads got some amount of stick on FF yesterday (before Gio was announced) for basically backtracking on their Wednesday night tweets and saying “aye, they didn’t actually mean anything” when they quite clearly did and they’d obviously been clamped by the club for revealing too much.

I’m pretty sure most of the posts complaining about them were removed almost immediately, not a dictatorship at all though :lol:

6 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Do you not think it might be with him being under contract that we're not allowed to talk about him ? 

Probably, aye. The Athletic reported today that his contract in China runs for another 6 months, not the end of next month as previously reported 

12 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Probably, aye. The Athletic reported today that his contract in China runs for another 6 months, not the end of next month as previously reported 

Just my guess , but I reckon he'll come at the start of next season but in the meantime , having failed on negotiating his contract , we just can't talk about it , hence the silence . 

9 hours ago, gmcf said:

Just my guess , but I reckon he'll come at the start of next season but in the meantime , having failed on negotiating his contract , we just can't talk about it , hence the silence . 

Yeah, think you’re right, he’ll make it here at some point. You would think trying to get Wouters as an ‘interim assistant manager’ would make sense in the meantime but it sounds like he’s too settled in his retirement for a full-time job. 

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

GvB (and some other people) enjoying a meal at Don Costanzo’s, confirms 100% that Makaay’s on the staff (Arno Philips and Yori Bosschart as well, they’re the two guys in front of Makaay)

spacer.png

Bisgrove looks like he’s had a few :lol:

The guy in front on Makaay looks like he has fell asleep 😃

Sneaky Gee leaving was a shock and surprise but Iv a feeling it’s 1 step back 2 steps forward .

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

GvB (and some other people) enjoying a meal at Don Costanzo’s, confirms 100% that Makaay’s on the staff (Arno Philips and Yori Bosschart as well, they’re the two guys in front of Makaay)

spacer.png

Mind when Steven and his family and coaches went out for a meal with members of our executive team. 

Na me neither. Gio has bought in 100%

14 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The guy in front on Makaay looks like he has fell asleep 😃

Sneaky Gee leaving was a shock and surprise but Iv a feeling it’s 1 step back 2 steps forward .

I hope you’re right. The one thing about the previous backroom team was that, particularly Beale and McAllister, they understood the expectation and the standards required at the club. I hope the new backroom team are the same, as they are so important to the teams success.

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

spacer.png

Gio's sons are handsome just like their Da.