Goldson

GOAT

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

And sets himself, his family and his grandchildren up for life....

Good luck to him if money is his priority.

If he does leave (I hope doesn't) then he will save a few quid on passports too because he won't be playing in Europe. 

Either way he will be a legend to me forever for his consitancy in the season we won 55.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

I think a big final payday is probably worth more to him. European experiences won't pay the bills when he hangs up his boots. 

We will need to see where he ends up then .With stories that his Mrs wants home then it’s going to need to be a Midlands club .

There are only 2 clubs in that area where he would expect a significant pay increase .Villa and Leicester.
Maybe you could add Wolves .

WBA ,Forest ,Birmingham etc wouldn’t be paying him much more than he gets here just now .

12 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

.....should shoot from 30 yards. 

The amount of times we are facing 10 men in the box and he has the ball 30 yards out with no pass on. Just fucking leather it Amo style mate!

Why not .He has already been trying the odd Big Bougie run lately .😁

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

But it’s about being harder to replace now rather than then. It’s not as hard to replace him now as it was last season tbh. 

McGregor this season hasn't been the same as he was previous season but considering our standard for a new goal keeper will be pre-21/22 McGregor then yes, it will be harder to replace him when he goes. 

He's still number 1 because he's still the best we've got the now, while obviously declining. 

I think if the scouting network can’t find a player who does what he does, in terms of bringing the ball out, but who’s a better defender, then they’re not doing their job right. 

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

I think if the scouting network can’t find a player who does what he does, in terms of bringing the ball out, but who’s a better defender, then they’re not doing their job right. 

They'll need to. He's the only one who will repeatedly and comfortably bring the ball out, and the one whose long ball distribution is generally very good. 

Unless that is replaced then with our more basic CHs the ball from CHs will continually be a safe one or a wasted one. Can't think of many long raking pop point passes from Balogun (who tbf can move forward with the ball but generally doesnt) or Helander.

3 hours ago, SPWF said:

Defenders are not on the same level they were in previous eras .You only have to look at somebody like Harry McGuire .Look at the fee he went for and he’s pretty mediocre.

Seems to be a case of defend as a system rather than individuals these days .

Finding someone who can defend better than Goldson won’t be as easy as it sounds .In the late days of Mcleish through to Walter coming back we managed a few good signings .Kyriagos ,Cuellar and Bougherra .It’s not quite as easy these days .

18 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

And sets himself, his family and his grandchildren up for life....

Are you suggesting he cannot do so on his current wages? That is the worst argument of all the arguments. He is on no crap salary with us. 

I get football is a short career but to suggest he cannot look after his family on current wages is simply stupid.

25 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Are you suggesting he cannot do so on his current wages? That is the worst argument of all the arguments. He is on no crap salary with us. 

I get football is a short career but to suggest he cannot look after his family on current wages is simply stupid.

Would you reject an extra couple of million, could be the difference between having no trouble for the rest of his and his kids lives and being in a good position for generations.

50 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

But they don’t want to stay up here apparently, so he sets them up in a place they actually want to be.

• 4 weeks later...

Mental to think that after a night like tonight he isn't knocking on Ross Wilson's door asking where to sign up. Never getting nights like this wherever he moves on to. Not like we are paying shite money either, get a grip and earn wads of money while winning trophies with a massive club. No brainer.

If he's being offered 60 or 70 grand a week by a lower half EPL club you can understand his wanting to make his family secure financially.

I suspect though that if he were to move to a Burnley or a West Brom he would eventually look back at the last few years of his career with regret.

On 21/03/2022 at 00:44, ForeverAndEver said:

But it’s about being harder to replace now rather than then. It’s not as hard to replace him now as it was last season tbh. 

For the money we will have to spend it is.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

We're going to miss him badly when he goes.

Couldn’t agree more. He gets it tight at times but fuck me he has been a superb centre half for us and hopefully we can recruit well and replace him but it will be tough. Souttar just won’t play anywhere close to the amount of games Goldson has the last few years. Barely misses a game.