Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's the leadership you'll miss most.

Even at full time today, it was him you could see and hear geeing up the team when they were gathered together  before ET.

Is this the same leadership that was evident in the Leauge Cup Semi.

History will be kind to him and to be honest he deserves it.

He was Gerrard’s first signing and for any of his faults his strengths make him one of our most important players in a long time.

I wish all the best to him. It’s been spoken for a while that his family hasn’t settled and nobody can hold that against him.

Always welcome back to Ibrox amongst the fans.

21 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's the leadership you'll miss most.

Even at full time today, it was him you could see and hear geeing up the team when they were gathered together  before ET.

Leadership yes. Also his athleticism and his ability to play twice a week for 60 odd games a season.

I think though we've seen flashes of his influence on Bassey in terms of leading the back line. As well as his performances growing week on week he's now shouting and pointing and bullying his teammates (in a good way). If Bassey goes on to be a top player and captain either with us or elsewhere,  I think he will owe a lot of that to learning from Connor Goldson.

13 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

He should been sold last summer,he had no intention signing a new contract .At least last summer we could got fee for him but now he walking away for  free . Poor management on the clubs part . 

Sit down you ffs. 

If we keep Bassey and have him, Souttar, Helander (if kept), Balogun and King next season as the CB's I'd say that was decent. I'd still be tempted to being in one other potential first pick CB though especially given Souttar and Helander's injury records.

He must be bored after 4 years playing the same spl shite 6 times a season including cups and the refs. We must have played Aberdeen and Motherwell about 18-20 times in Goldsons time here.

No doubt he loves us and would stay if we were in the EPL for example but sometimes you just need a new challenge especially if someone will pay double or more your wages.

29 minutes ago, The Beast said:

If we keep Bassey and have him, Souttar, Helander (if kept), Balogun and King next season as the CB's I'd say that was decent. I'd still be tempted to being in one other potential first pick CB though especially given Souttar and Helander's injury records.

Katic as well potentially.

3 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

That's down to our genius DoF who claims to operate a player trading model but doesn't sell players - at least not when they are at the top of their value. Instead we have Goldson out of contract this summer and three or four other first team players including Morelos and Kamara out of contract in a years time. 

We should have cashed in on at least two of the big names after 55 and had money from that to strengthen the squad.

50 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Surely Balogun is going 

It's been clear for a while he's on his way out. Was disappointed we didn't punt him last summer for a fee. Saying that, realistically we wouldn't have signed a player last summer of the same level. Played an instrumental part in our journey to the Europa final, which outstrips by far what we would of got from him, and we all got to experience the journey. If he leaves this summer, all the best to him. 

As a club, we move on.