SPFL On Red Alert

BlueboyG

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

In the age of social media which can dictate public opinion, it’s nothing other than shambolic 

I can only hope and assume that we are being active behind the scenes in pushing our case. 

The thing is, we don't seem to have grasped the importance of public opinion and how to shape the narrative. They are streets ahead of us in this regard and have been allowed to put themselves in the position of public protector again, a position they crowed about during the lockdown. 

We appear to be on the outside looking in again. I can only hope that SKY decide the games must be played. 

1 hour ago, Imodium said:

Very unlikely to see crowds for the rest of the season imo. Football is the easiest one to shut down.

Packed calendar going into mid June with internationals, pending winter World Cup as well. The sensible move would actually be to scrap the break altogether never mind bringing it forward. 

I'm not so sure .

So far the data is telling us that hospitalisation rates aren't as high under the Omicron variant . I suspect/ hope that may well continue , and if they do bring forward the shut down , the crowds will be back in at the start of January , citing the fact that things weren't as bad as they predicted . 

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I can only hope and assume that we are being active behind the scenes in pushing our case. 

The thing is, we don't seem to have grasped the importance of public opinion and how to shape the narrative. They are streets ahead of us in this regard and have been allowed to put themselves in the position of public protector again, a position they crowed about during the lockdown. 

We appear to be on the outside looking in again. I can only hope that SKY decide the games must be played. 

I can only construe it as incompetence and whether you’re working behind the scenes or not you need to be on the front foot on social media. 

What makes it worse, was Davie Wilson not part of the H@H team and if so you would think he or his team would be on the ball with stuff like this 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Imodium said:

Very unlikely to see crowds for the rest of the season imo. Football is the easiest one to shut down.

Packed calendar going into mid June with internationals, pending winter World Cup as well. The sensible move would actually be to scrap the break altogether never mind bringing it forward. 

There will be crowds come March for the Scotland play off guaranteed 

Can’t see it being stopped, Sky for one won’t be happy, and other leagues around the world are continuing on behind closed doors. Just shows how fucking pish our league is that they are desperate for gate money. 

i do believe the Scottish government should be covering these clubs costs however, it’s a fucking joke that that bitch is playing dictator. 

15 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'm not so sure .

So far the data is telling us that hospitalisation rates aren't as high under the Omicron variant . I suspect/ hope that may well continue , and if they do bring forward the shut down , the crowds will be back in at the start of January , citing the fact that things weren't as bad as they predicted . 

The majority of hospital cases are with patients with unrelated issues testing positive for omicron ,Thats what is happening in Denmark and SA so far .

If say 10pc of population is infected,then 10pc of all heart attacks ,broken legs etc will be testing positive for omicron .

Theres definitely been a huge panic from Boris and am off the scale opportunistic panic from the glorious leader .

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s no surprise that Wales and Scotland jump the gun again. Anything to take back even more control of the population ran by absolute psychopaths and to look different to the UK government. 

Sturgeon and Blackford are two cheeks of the same arse and it really ain’t a pretty one…

25 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'm not so sure .

Hopefully mate tho logic, data and reasoning doesn’t seem to come into play when it comes to making decisions with this government. That’s the only factor I base my opinion on

3 minutes ago, Imodium said:

Hopefully mate tho logic, data and reasoning doesn’t seem to come into play when it comes to making decisions with this government. That’s the only factor I base my opinion on

Add in logic and reading doesn’t come into play when the SPFL are involved either .