*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

I get we’re going to lose games, and lose games to them, it’s football.
The kick in the nuts for me is how we did it tonight.
I’ve never seen such a spineless, tentative, and pathetic start to a game in all my life. 
The even more frustrating part is seeing how we played second half after the changes and actually putting in a shift. 

One of the more painful defeats I can remember, and we did it to ourselves. We let them do whatever they wanted for 45 minutes. Pathetic. 
A lot of those players need to reevaluate how lucky they are to put that top on everyday. We’ve built them all into hero’s and legends after 55, and in return they’ve decided that everything will be handed to them and they deserve to win simply by showing up. 

pathetic, pathetic night. 

We quite literally adopted Livingstons tactics for the first 45, difference is Livingston can actually defend.  Unfortunately we can't.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Thinks he’s a Premier League player but he’ll be playing for Burnley in the championship next season.

What have Burnley done to deserve that? We'll be lucky to get our anywhere near our money back on Kent, nothing more than a bit part player until he gets punted for pennies next winter or leaves for nothing next summer. He won't be missed. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

In a 2nd half where they went into 1st gear and strolled it. 

He went into the holding midfield role with next to no pressure on him. 

Best player 2nd half award.

Welcome back Jacko. 

They didn’t go into 1st gear and strolled it they were absolutely fucked like they are in EVERY SINGLE game they play. We just didn’t weather the storm in the first half and some players absolutely shat themselves 

8 minutes ago, Willis said:

I don't know what the fucks happened to us. A shadow of last season.

Just lack of pressing/hassling the way they do to us. No way near direct enough. Slow going forward letting them regain/kept their shape. Yet again over reliance on crossing. Naive

2 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Jack was class. Need him back fully fit asap if he can get there. That’s probably the only positive I’ve got the night. Shambles of a performance.

Class in a second half where they sat back and did nothing because the damage was done.  Obviously no way to tell now but I dont think hed have had such a good first half under their press.

Just now, esquire8 said:

In a 2nd half where they went into 1st gear and strolled it. 

He went into the holding midfield role with next to no pressure on him. 

Best player 2nd half award.

Welcome back Jacko. 

FFS if all you have got to criticise tonight is some imagined flaws in Ryan Jack's performance then you have been watching a different shit show to me.

10 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Nearly every player is getting slaughtered but the two worse players tonight have been Tav and Barisic.

They were both along with Kent utterly pathetic and let their team mates and us down. Not saying there weren’t other offenders but those 3 were the absolute worst 

Just now, Swagger said:

The drive and energy they showed compared to our lot !! 
They’ll start to pull away in no time. The league will be theirs for the foreseeable 

"Aye but they'll tire by the 60 minute mark....."

How many times was that posted tonight....

Turns out they only needed 40 minutes.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Are you joking he was our best fucking player 

Yep, thought Jack was great.

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

If we see a different outlook/performance at the weekend then maybe it’s the kick up the arse we needed 

If nothing changes I’m very concerned 

Want to see Barisic nowhere near that team again for a start 

We were nosediving when Gerrard jumped ship, Gio gave us a wee bounce and now we’re back to nosediving 

If we play Diallo from the start we’ll drop points. I don’t mean to get at the lad but he was utterly lost. At one point he stopped tracking and just threw his arms into the air.

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

McGregor, Jack, Balogun, Sakala the “best” of a bad bunch.

The rest don’t deserve to wear the jersey again.

Aribo, Kent, Roofe - all fucking AWOL.

Honeymoon was already over but Gio now on his way to fucking marriage counselling 

Agree, aribo was fucked as usual on 60 mins

that captain of ours is a fkn pansy

oh for the games without crowds☹️

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Fuck me, going on like they’ve won the league here at the peadodome. Let’s see how we go come May smelly cunts 

Hard to say but they deserve it, what would we be like going top after all this time.

It would be sweet if we could reverse it but things will have to change, Gio doesn’t seem like a manager that gives hair dryer treatment, that’s what’s needed