*****Official St Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

I’m not a fan of the no subs thing but maybe GVB thought to himself those players have got themselves into the situation so play your way out of it instead of hiding on the bench. 

It can’t simply be he didn’t think it was needed, it’s mental to even suggest that. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aribo was unlucky, morelos was unlucky, but reading peoples posts you'd think st johnstone were battering us from the minute we scored

A dont see one single post of anybody saying anything like that.

The manager was the problem again tonight.....

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aribo was unlucky, morelos was unlucky, but reading peoples posts you'd think st johnstone were battering us from the minute we scored

Arfield was unlucky as well. It was a very good save. Ref decided it was a goalkick though..

2 minutes ago, Darrenmt7 said:

It’s hardly guesswork our last 4 games show it’s the case, performance wasn’t great and I’ll take the points but if we want to win the league then we need to play way better and more consistently through the whole game, we won’t get away with performances like that against better teams.

Last 4 games, okay I'll take it you mean league games

Motherwell last weekend, defence has a brain fart twice, other than that we dominated them all game

United away, madden is a baldy wank, absolutely pumped united and simply cheated out of the win 

Hibs at home, pished it 2-0, hibs could still be at ibrox the now and not look like scoring

Hearts at home, pumped them stupid, 5 going on 10, only two chances they got were basseys individula errora

Tonight was poor, but I’d argue that 50-60 shots in previous two games would suggest the problem doesn’t lie with the manager or the style of play.

Although I still stand by the assertion that had Balogun played against Motherwell we’d have won the game 😂

5 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

Amazed at these "lost the dressing room" comments. The football was bad but they were all fighting.

Nowhere near lost the dressing room, but if he continues to snub the bench he may lose a portion of it. 

Lowry looked really good in his games so far. Led to a few saying he should have been starting games which I think was just the usual over enthusiasm for a youngster coming through.

However in that second half Arfield offered almost nothing. Why not put Lowry on, a perfect replacement for Arfield who’s looked promising so far and even if he came on and played poorly he’d likely have been doing better than Arfield. 

I just don’t get it, Gio might get asked the question but all we will get is a standard managers answer. 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Last 4 games, okay I'll take it you mean league games

Motherwell last weekend, defence has a brain fart twice, other than that we dominated them all game

United away, madden is a baldy wank, absolutely pumped united and simply cheated out of the win 

Hibs at home, pished it 2-0, hibs could still be at ibrox the now and not look like scoring

Hearts at home, pumped them stupid, 5 going on 10, only two chances they got were basseys individula errora

Cunts are throwing in the league when we’re 3 points behind.

No Surrender what a fkn laugh that statement is.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And out of they 18 goals, one was against us the last time we were here, 

Arguably the game was managed brilliantly, they created fuck all and we won, theres nothing better than that

So you would play the same 11 on Saturday? You can't run players into the ground like this. It is madness and an injury is bound to happen. We have capable, internationally capped players on the bench.

29 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I think they can see right through his bs mate thought that since parkhead. 

Rightly or wrongly mate that night imo he lost most of them. 

Disagree. Our performances lifted after that night even if some of the results didn’t. Tonight we didn’t lack effort.

10 minutes ago, Albertzz said:

The problem we have is mentality! next year we will see what gio is about i cant figure why you guys cant see that

He may not get another year if he continues the likes of playing Lundstram at the back and making no subs.

10 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Agreed. 
I’m on nights tonight so just been be dipping in and out the thread. Without the benefit of knowing the score I would have sworn we took an absolute pasting with only luck stopping us conceding 3 or 4.

Then I look at the stats which say they had one fucking shot on target against and think wtf have I been reading.

Some people need to chill out at times and accept the win.

Tbf you can make statements like that when you watch the game and stop drawing conclusions based on statistics.

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Still anyone's title.

Just don't know what Rangers is turning up from one game to the next.

celtic no great shakes either, I don't think thry feel comfortable sitting at the top, it's a completely different mindset.

If (I know) we beat the sheep Saturday, will be an interesting Sunday when they face Livingston.

bang on the money 👏👏

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They weren’t battering us, but we were absolutely horrific against a piss poor St Johnstone side and had a Manager who stood at the sidelines without making a single change. It wasnt hearts or hibs or the tims away, it was a piss poor team and at times the football being played was embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

A dont see one single post of anybody saying anything like that.

The manager was the problem again tonight.....

We just took 3 points at a venue we struggled at last two visits, against a team we had only beaten 2-1 there earlier in the season 

Tonight was about the win and only the win, lets just enjoy that instead of picking faults with a defensively comfortable clean sheet performance 

Just back, great only being 20 mins or so away from home, that was tough tonight, me and wee man in their end, left 5 mins before end as dreaded what i was seeing and half expecting

pitch awful, they were awful, im struggling to figure out why no changes, a few were on their arses, best i can say, onward to next game