Scottish Cup Semi Final Draw

G.E.C.

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

More concerned about the choice of match officials than the scum opposition.

Anyone except Clancy or Beaton and we have a real chance.

Sutton and Hartson will be pushing the ref grievance to the max in the next few weeks. It’s working for them so far 

It is the general rule most seasons that we have to beat THEM at some point if we are going to win a domestic cup, something that, as we are all painfully aware of, we have either not managed, or did manage to knock THEM out only to blow it later on in the competition.

If I could chose the perfect scenario it would be, obviously to beat THEM first in the SF, and then have the chance to settle the two recent cup scores we have outstanding against Hibs in the final. However, our record in the cups has been so bad for the last decade that I refuse to allow myself to be anything more than hopeful, as opposed to confident that my perfect scenario could play out.

Of course, those of the glass half full variety could point out that we are long overdue a cup win, and yes even a bit of luck as enjoyed by THEM in the last League Cup final we played, is finally due to come our way. Regardless, we simply have to put this dreadful record in the knockout competitions to bed. Despite the Mangeball propaganda, we are the best team left in the competition, and if GVB & Co. have learned from the lesson handed out to us at The Piggery, then the double is still very much on, if we allow THEM to strut around and do their thing, then we would deserve everything that would happen as a consequence.

4 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Ukraine.

Before kick off there will be a rendition of John Lennon's give peace a chance, followed by taking the knee and a speech about the climate crisis by a bearded lady.

I'd heard that the board was considering an offer to make this match part of the inaugural Dublin Cup

4 hours ago, Dickie said:

3 games against the scum so it will be Beaton,colum and Clancy.

The crazy thing is - if it is this unholy trinity, they will think it will favours us..

Altogether now " We've got Tavernier, Bassey, Beaton  Colum and Clancy...":whistle: