Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Doesn’t matter though, his point was literally regardless of trophies you need to play good football

Just think we are better on the front foot and starting to get frustrated at how much respect we pay to dross, we play in a league where a team that lost home and away to Sligo Rovers sit 3rd on 9 points from 12 and another club were embarrassed 7-0 by an average Dutch side, time to let the handbrake off. 

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Still far too passive and show the jobbers far too much respect.

As much as it irks me, we need to take a leaf out the orks book, it's worked wonders for fat Ange, the minnows of the league have no answer to it.

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

As much as it orks me, we need to take a lead out the orks book, it's worked wonders for fat Ange, the minnows of the league have no answer to it.

They have no CDM’s and pack team full of goalscorers.

All out attack and smothering teams from first minute.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

What was the stat that was mentioned in commentary today about us not scoring in the first 30 minutes of games? Was it 10 games or something? 

Mental stat if true especially when you look  at the difference in the European games.

I suspect that Gio is attempting to find one way to play against both domestic and European opponents. But they are two very different animals. That might work in the stronger leagues but not while we are trying to win in Scotland.

Or it could be that I am just getting my knickers in a twist. Early part of the season so I shall wait and see how things pan out longer term.

1 hour ago, bam74 said:

Difference is Walter won things. Win games and no one gives a monkeys how well you played.

59 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

It’s more bearable when you’re winning trophy after trophy 😂

Walter wasn’t winning anything at this stage of the season either 

The difference between us and them is that they go to these away games and play their own game. They attack teams and score goals.

We go there with Jack and Lundstrum and have a mentality that we have to win the battle first. That mindset for me allows it to become a battle instead of going with better players and taking over the game. 

It’s why i think they are favourites for the league. They can blows teams away in these games yet a lot of ours will be tight. And a referee decision or a mistake can turn a game and you’re in danger of dropping points.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Because we had 9 men and were 1 up so we're trying to protect a lead which is exactly all you can really do in that position.

It’s Hibs, we are asking for trouble trying to defend our box for 20 mins with 9 men. Needed Kent on to stretch them on the break, win fouls 

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Last 10 games failed to score in the first 30 mins. 

It shows the issues we have. We don't start games quickly enough. 

We have to be at from the first whistle. Not give these sides time to settle. 

While we are fannying about in our  own penalty box, they are steading their defense, 

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

We look a shite football team devoid of any style. No wonder people are turning. 

We got to the final of the Europa Cup last season and won the Scottish Cup and I am very hopeful we can do well this season.

It is all about opinions but I am a little surprised fans on here have turned on Gio so quickly after so few games.