Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Love the man with all my heart.

If he goes, he goes is the way I look at it. He’s not even close to being the problem though. 

You're right there. The common denominator in the poor results / slumps in form for previous managers are the players. Some have no fight at all when things go against them. They need to be gone.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Kjetil Knutsen - Done unreal work at Bodo-Glimt. His setup involves pressing the opposition up the park and attacking in numbers. Something that we know works in the league. 

I'd 100% be behind this. I watched Bodo a few times and they're very good to watch. The 6-1 game away to Roma was one of the best away performances I've seen in many years.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Love the man with all my heart.

If he goes, he goes is the way I look at it. He’s not even close to being the problem though. 

He is m8, he's lost the team , I hate the cunts for downing tools but they have under him, I've seen it before many times, we are in a bad place but will eventually bounce back, hard times ahead. 

49 minutes ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

We are paying the price for the team standing absolutely fucking still over these past three or four transfer window. That, or bringing in mostly utter shite. The Europa run has papered over the cracks. This squad is big and needs a massive overhaul. Two really big problems.

Squad has been too big for years filled with utter shite like zungu, simpson, sakala, barker etc etc

Players the fans know won't make it but we sign them anyway, never mind the injury prone players we constantly waste our money on. The club is not performing and the europa league run papered over the cracks

He should go now.

If he went now, he would get some bad things said about him in the short term, but his legacy overall would be positive.

Taking us into a euro final and getting us back in the CL.

He stays and things continue to turn to shit and he will become a Pedro like figure in our memory.

His style isn't going to win us anything of note beyond possibly a cup here and there.

League is gone this year already as he can't win it and any meaningful change will see us drop points in the transition to a new style, which is too much to make up when they don't drop points to anyone else.

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

He is m8, he's lost the team , I hate the cunts for downing tools but they have under him, I've seen it before many times, we are in a bad place but will eventually bounce back, hard times ahead. 

He blew the league, had a lead and fucked it after Christmas. Euro run apart his domestic time in charge of us has been bery poor. Away from home we have been a disgrace tbh

Not even getting onto his review v them. 

6 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

After the last 2 games there is no defending him as well as the players. We need drastic measures and action, if that's sacking Gio then good because we are a shambles atm. 

I would honestly give it to Kevin Thomson to the end of the season, that way we can scout a proper replacement and if Thomson steps up to the plate even better. 

Fuck me :lol:

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

With any luck Brighton will go for Postecoglu and we'll appoint someone decent and those two events happening may just keep the season alive for us

That cunt would knock back Brighton.

He knows he has it made up here, and knows fine we'll that his style won't do fuck all down there.

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Completely disagree. A complete shower of cowardly cunts downing tools and giving up again and again. They deserve hounded out the club, along with the cunts in charge.

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

we were scoring goals all over europe, gio has took it away because he,s negative 

He got in his own players and has got worse...

Every time he fucked up last season it was because it was someone else's team so what is it now?

Folk fail to see what's in front of them for some strange reason.

Just a few months ago Gio and the vast majority of these players were heroes, that cant just disappear overnight, but yes of course it does also have a shelf life.

The next two games are absolutely massive, defeat in either is unthinkable for Gio, a win away to the sheep and at the very least a point against Napoli are probably what he needs to keep his job if im honest.