Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Played on the right hand side of a back three in the States IIRC, which is vastly different to playing as a left sided centre half in a two. Even if that’s not the case, I still think we would be better off in the long term putting our efforts into developing King.

He himself talks about being either a CH or CM. Saying its up to a coach to pick him for either.

Too many are giving him leeway thinking he's being played entirely out of position, he's not. The errors in his play imo are down to him, not that he's being played left sided at the back.

I'd be happier if King had had more time by now before him. And imo King would have been more suited in the Lundstram role midweek which would've allowed Lundstram to be in the middle. But its now questionable whether it's fair to chuck him in now with little time before the big Liverpool games and Hearts away.

12 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Winning the league in the Netherlands?

If you don't think that's a bit of an achievement I really don't know what to say.

Specifically won the league in the Netherlands with a club that hadn't won the title in 18 years.

Then guided us to final of a European competition where we lost to one penalty kick.

No Rangers manager gets by on past glory, let alone past near glory, but Gio's got more to his managerial CV right now than Gerrard.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Also wasn’t Gio’s appointment largely down to Wilson as well? How many failures does the guy have to make before being given his very own P45?

Aye, he talks a good game that's about it. Couldn't see enough interviews from him when we were winning 55. Seems he's in hiding now! :wanker:

For what it's worth, I voted for Lampard. :lol:

Seriously though, Gio's interviews are just as bad as the last three games. He is shooting himself in the foot at every turn. I'm not sure what or who the answer is at this point.

One thing is for sure, he needs a convincing win tomorrow.

I don't think gio turns this round and we'll end up going for a new manager. 

A new manager will get the usual bounce short term. 

But we'll be right back here again if Wilson is allowed to continue. His transfer record is a shambles and he needs to be punted as well.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I don't think gio turns this round and we'll end up going for a new manager. 

A new manager will get the usual bounce short term. 

But we'll be right back here again if Wilson is allowed to continue. His transfer record is a shambles and he needs to be punted as well.

As someone who wanted Gio and really sorry it seems to be going downhill, then I very much agree if he has to go then Wilson should as well.

My concern is the board will not see it like that. 😠