*****The Official Braga vs Rangers Thread*****

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People have wanted Aribo dropped for weeks, who else did people expect to take his place when then happened because it was always going to be Arfield. There was never any chance Lowry was going to start in the quarter final of a European competition.

Probably ramsey lol

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People have wanted Aribo dropped for weeks, who else did people expect to take his place when then happened because it was always going to be Arfield. There was never any chance Lowry was going to start in the quarter final of a European competition.

Kamara for Aribo is correct

Arfield for Ramsey is wrong.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Quarter final tie away to a very decent team in Braga and there are people who are bitching because they want us to go full on attack. 😂

Mentalists. 

I don't think we need to go full out attack but I also think we need to consider an out ball if we are going to be under pressure.  Lumping a long ball to Sakala and expecting him to hold it up will not work.  So hopefully we play smarter and try to get Kent and Sakala an opportunity to run in behind with their pace but we haven't really picked midfielders who are suited to the role of playing those types of passes. 

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

Folk have forgotten/ too young to remember the 2008 uefa Cup run. Dragged ourselves kicking and screaming into the final. It wasn't big or pretty but we got ourselves there.

It was proper backs to the wall stuff the majority of the time, and we got through it by being such a strong unit, and unless you are Barcelona, then you have to be like that in order to get deep into these tournaments. 

This squad is free-flowing in comparison to the UEFA cup final squad. 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

People being blinkered by this CL spot this season, with our results in Europe it’s not that unlikely we could qualify too, this game is huge for us not just for this season but also getting seeded for next seasons qualifiers, I’m as pissed aff as anyone this season but writing this game off is mental our biggest game since Fiorentina ffs 

M8 I'm as hyper as fuck, God help this house if we get a result tonight 

3 minutes ago, shaka said:

I don't think we need to go full out attack but I also think we need to consider an out ball if we are going to be under pressure.  Lumping a long ball to Sakala and expecting him to hold it up will not work.  So hopefully we play smarter and try to get Kent and Sakala an opportunity to run in behind with their pace but we haven't really picked midfielders who are suited to the role of playing those types of passes. 

If we are lining up with 5 in midfield and Arfield is at the point of that, then he should be the supply point between midfield and attack. 

Kent and Sakala have been picked for their pace and that they will press. The three central midfielders will are all three who can pick a pass out, but can also carry the ball forward. I think a lot of our play will depend on that. It'll be a lot more tactical and possession based being away from home, so wouldn't be surprised if we are happy with a nil nil.