*****The Official Rangers vs Savilles Match Thread*****

Mcgregor 

Tav  Goldson    Bassey  Borna

Lundstram

Jack             Ramsey

Aribo                  Kent

Roofe

Same as Braga game, I thought they all played excellent, First half use this team they'll have the edge over the scum and battle fever!!, but Gio will need to use 5 subs 2nd half cause we'll tire. 2-1 To the Gers 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Honestly no idea what I think about this one. We're more than capable of doing them, but we've looked lost domestically for 4 months now and I'm worried the last 2 defeats will add extra pressure onto the players that I don't believe they can deal with.

3 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

We'll get battered if we do that

At them from the first whistle

We went at them last time and it seemed to work with the early goal. However it didn't end well.

We can be fairly sure what they will try and do, but if we let them punch themselves out, we can then go on the offensive.

If we try to go full pelt from the off we are risking tiredness and injuries.

Smother the game, keep it 0-0 then attack.

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I hope someone flattens carter vickers. I have gained an irrational hatred for him 

Not quite sure we have a player who is capable of flattening anyone tbh but I get where you’re coming from.  

23 minutes ago, RoboBear said:

We went at them last time and it seemed to work with the early goal. However it didn't end well.

We can be fairly sure what they will try and do, but if we let them punch themselves out, we can then go on the offensive.

We didn't go at them at all after they equalised

30 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We didn't go at them at all after they equalised

Shat our pants when we conceded a goal, has been the same story all season and even last night after Braga equalised it took us until extra time to really get going again the players looked deflated 

I would go ultra defensive for this and play on the counter. 

Players aren’t going to have the legs to go at them at all and if the game goes to extra time we’re extra fucked.

I have noticed a change in the tactics since Alfie's been out, and there more suited to Roofe's play style than when he first came in the fact Borna has found his form is beneficial too.

The only worry I have is defence and set pieces in particular. As we seen last night it's our Achilles heel, if our players have recovered from last night and we manage the set pieces then I can see it being 3-1 .

Oh almost forgot if the soap dodgers in the black manages to play fair for a change.

1 minute ago, Vision said:

I have noticed a change in the tactics since Alfie's been out, and there more suited to Roofe's play style than when he first came in the fact Borna has found his form is beneficial too.

The only worry I have is defence and set pieces in particular. As we seen last night it's our Achilles heel, if our players have recovered from last night and we manage the set pieces then I can see it being 3-1 .

Oh almost forgot if the soap dodgers in the black manages to play fair for a change.

Whats this pish :hmmm:

1 hour ago, RoboBear said:

Was that not GVB’s tactics at their place? Didn’t end well…..

3 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

Was that not GVB’s tactics at their place? Didn’t end well…..

Tbh it's how they were ripped in the conference league. Our abysmal use of the ball that night meant we'd never get anything. However I think we are too poor defensively to do this anyway.

I stand by the opinion they're really not very good. The last 4 goals we've conceded against them were all completely avoidable. 

You go with the same 11 you'll have a lot of tired legs after 20-30 minutes after the adrenaline wears off and the game calms down but you make a few changes and you run the risk of weakening the team. 

Ideally we score first early on again but I don't envy Gio at all going into Sunday. 

12 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I stand by the opinion they're really not very good. The last 4 goals we've conceded against them were all completely avoidable. 

You go with the same 11 you'll have a lot of tired legs after 20-30 minutes after the adrenaline wears off and the game calms down but you make a few changes and you run the risk of weakening the team. 

Ideally we score first early on again but I don't envy Gio at all going into Sunday. 

Said after the game the other week I seen nothing about them to scare me it was our fault. They are average and it sticks in my throat they will be winning the league. 

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Honestly no idea what I think about this one. We're more than capable of doing them, but we've looked lost domestically for 4 months now and I'm worried the last 2 defeats will add extra pressure onto the players that I don't believe they can deal with.

I so much want to win this game, but to be honest I am not confident at the moment, and mainly for the reasons you have said. 

I will be delighted to have to come on after the game and say I got it wrong and that we played so well and into the final. 

I'd usually be in a huff all week if we get beat. However, I'm now not that arsed but about the Scottish Cup. I Will see Rangers play in another 30 scottish cup semi finals before i die.

I Might never see them in another European semi final before I die. They've earned a pass in my opinion.

I will leave that lot to get excited about silly wee prizes.