*****The Official Rangers vs Savilles Match Thread*****

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Do you think he intended us to win the CL when bringing players like Gazza in and being one of the top spending clubs in the UK?

I think it was something the club would have liked but was never something there was that any focus on. Dominating domestically was far more important for the club and Murray's tenner for every fiver they spend line played right into that.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We must surely be due a win after 2 defeats on the bounce. However the extra time we had (and the fact we played a game in the first place) makes me worried.

Tavernier,Goldson,Jack and Lundstrum all looked done in Thursday night.
Todays presser with Tav and he actually looked tired.
All four mentioned are the very players i expect to get an adrenalin rush about 1.55 pm Sunday afternoon. 
I'M FEELING IT [IN THE AIR] :UK:

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think it was something the club would have liked but was never something there was that any focus on. Dominating domestically was far more important for the club and Murray's tenner for every fiver they spend line played right into that.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/10/30/the-glory-and-the-corruption-of-marseilles-kings-of-1993-the-team-that-conquered-europe/

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Pretty sure we were focused on it in 92 but fair doos mate decent reply.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Pretty sure we were focused on it in 92 but fair doos mate decent reply.

92, maybe. After it opened up a bit more and went away from two groups of four, we quickly realised/accepted that it was a pipe dream. FWIW, had we not been in the midst of 9, I actually think it might have been a bit different and we may have put more focus on Europe at the expense of domestic results but beatin their 9 and getting 10 was THE focus.

I think too that - and can't really blame anyone on this - we didn't foresee the huge financial gulf that would appear as the 90s/early 2000s went on and leave us looking for scraps from the 'rich' clubs. Murray always expected we'd be at the top table financially until we weren't and we couldn't do anything about it. Always got the impression that it was a case of get the 10 then we can turn our attentions to the CL but by the time we actually got there, we were too far off the rest to have any chance to have a real go at it.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

92, maybe. After it opened up a bit more and went away from two groups of four, we quickly realised/accepted that it was a pipe dream. FWIW, had we not been in the midst of 9, I actually think it might have been a bit different and we may have put more focus on Europe at the expense of domestic results but beatin their 9 and getting 10 was THE focus.

I think too that - and can't really blame anyone on this - we didn't foresee the huge financial gulf that would appear as the 90s/early 2000s went on and leave us looking for scraps from the 'rich' clubs. Murray always expected we'd be at the top table financially until we weren't and we couldn't do anything about it. Always got the impression that it was a case of get the 10 then we can turn our attentions to the CL but by the time we actually got there, we were too far off the rest to have any chance to have a real go at it.

Hard to disagree with any of that 👍

Whist I am not holding out much hope for tomorrow simply due to our woeful domestic form, One can only hope that the overbearing arrogance of The Filth may turn out to be something we can take advantage of. Get a goal up and avoid an immediate equaliser then they may start to get frustrated and open up to a degree we could exploit. 

Dare I say that if we find ourselves defending a lead in the late stage of the game then a certain Fashion Sakala and his pace could provide the finishing touch?

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Murray soundbites to sell season tickets and reality are two different things completely.

I think the whole recruitment process and vizion under Advocaat was entirely based on making us dominant in Scotland while competing in Europe 

Signings like laudrup and Boli in the 90s were clearly made with Europe in mind 

We were the better team last time we played them despite losing. Gio learned from the 3-0 debacle. 

Full press and we win because we have the better players.

Play as we did in the first half on Thursday and we hammer them.

2-0 to cap off a brilliant week and bring on the jambos.

Need to start off as we have the last 3 games score early but like we did against the filth don't panic and concede shortly after. We need to be a couple of goals half time use our subs well and be defiante don't let them in it. I feel we'll still have battle fever in us after Thursday, adrenaline will still be pumping.

1 minute ago, Orange and Blue said:

Need to start off as we have the last 3 games score early but like we did against the filth don't panic and concede shortly after. We need to be a couple of goals half time use our subs well and be defiante don't let them in it. I feel we'll still have battle fever in us after Thursday, adrenaline will still be pumping.

We didn’t panic we just sat back

if we go after any team domestically like we done braga we pump any team here 

There’s a video I seen recently on Facebook of a league game of theirs recently and people wetting themselves over “angeball”. It literally was a 4 minute video and 3 and a half minutes of it was them passing back and forward across the face of the defence :lol: 

Such a load of shite