Last 2 Old Firms

Rlm

5 minutes ago, Rlm said:

For all the long term injuries Atm players coming back from long stints out etc..what an effort to go behind twice in sc and league game..bearing in mind we deep in Europe... and to win at Hampden in extra time and draw today probs shud have won....I just think what a fucking effort from the whole team.

Ffs

It’s amazing the psychology of it all 

We were trying to stop them winning 3 league games on the bounce..

Yet we are now undefeated in the last 2 and the team that scores 1st in the last 3 games hasn’t won??

More questions than answers depending how u look at it!!

Totally agree - Some effort from the players

52 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think we're in danger a bit of just "settling". The two games could have went either way. Sure I'm happy with the turnaround and a lot of aspects of the game but even under our worst teams I've never been happy just settling for a draw.

TBF we've seen some of our best sides go to the piggery and leave with nothing. 

Today we should have won and that we could do that having played yet again mid week in Europe and with key players missing is a some effort. 

Gio has proved that he's the man to take us forward. The mistakes that got us in this situation are largely (not all) individual errors. The big thing is that Gio has learned and adapted and taken us forward. I'm excited to see what he can do with his own players.I can't remember the last time we had a manager who could adapt like him, (Walter probably). I'm 100% sure over a season he beats the one-tactic sweaty ange.

I know we beat them in the cup then drew today, but in honesty they had chances in both games to bury us. Carter Vuckers off the bar, then the bald cunt today.

It's to our credit we fought back in both games but the outcomes could very easily have been very different. We need to improve in attack and defence. Saying that, I still think we're a better team than them.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I know we beat them in the cup then drew today, but in honesty they had chances in both games to bury us. Carter Vuckers off the bar, then the bald cunt today.

It's to our credit we fought back in both games but the outcomes could very easily have been very different. We need to improve in attack and defence. Saying that, I still think we're a better team than them.

They did have chances but not as many as we had. Their chances came after they went one up and dried up in the second half.  We bossed the first 15 minutes and the whole second half.         

Chances for both sides in spells of dominance but overall 3-5 would have been a fair result.

Really confident for Thursday after today. 

1 minute ago, andyhrfc said:

They did have chances but not as many as we had. Their chances came after they went one up and dried up in the second half.  We bossed the first 15 minutes and the whole second half.         

Chances for both sides in spells of dominance but overall 3-5 would gave been a fair result.

I get that.

But at 1 nil up in both games if their huge opportunities go in, we're fucked.  Thats a position we don't want to be in next season. 

We need to turn control of games into goals, and then us be the ones looking for the clincher not them.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I get that.

But at 1 nil up in both games if their huge opportunities go in, we're fucked.  Thats a position we don't want to be in next season. 

We need to turn control of games into goals, and then us be the ones looking for the clincher not them.

To be fair without an out ball in this game we did pretty well. We have Morelos playing in either game and it's a different story.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

To be fair without an out ball in this game we did pretty well. We have Morelos playing in either game and it's a different story.

Today we needed Kent to take tge almost identical chance that they scored from.

We need to cut out the shitty defending and individual errors that gift chances and goals.

Morelos improves us but those failings aren't eradicated by him playing.

47 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

TBF we've seen some of our best sides go to the piggery and leave with nothing. 

Today we should have won and that we could do that having played yet again mid week in Europe and with key players missing is a some effort. 

Remember Bodo Glimt caned them in their own back yard . Shame we had injuries as we would have taken the points 

35 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Don’t forget about Sakala off the post.

We are a better team than them, they are overrated.

3 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Don’t forget about Sakala off the post.

We are a better team than them, they are overrated.

I'm not saying we didn't have chances. I'm saying they scored and had great chances to kill us off in both games.

Reflecting on both games, we did well and deserved not to lose either. But that's why it's concerning that we've allowed them twice to have the chance of getting a 2nd and beating us. We need to prevent that, especially given we're actually a better team than them.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not saying we didn't have chances. I'm saying they scored and had great chances to kill us off in both games.

Reflecting on both games, we did well and deserved not to lose either. But that's why it's concerning that we've allowed them twice to have the chance of getting a 2nd and beating us. We need to prevent that, especially given we're actually a better team than them.

The most concerning thing for me is I always have a feeling that we could lose a goal from absolutely fuck all, just like today.