What an effort - Hold your heads high lads.

I'm absolutely heartbroken. I thought we generally played like a shadow of ourselves and it was a pretty poor performance. We were so careless with possession and looked terrified to be on the ball at times. We did have decent spells and should have nicked it at the end, but in my heart of hearts I know that the team that deserved it on the night won it, which makes it slightly easier to take. 

I'm incredibly proud of what this team has achieved in Europe. I'm also incredibly sad that I'll never see us in another European final again.

29 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Why what did he say that isn’t true

I don't think that GVB is to blame because his tactical flexibility is responsible for getting us here, partly. 

For me, GVB didn't have his best night sadly, but he's helped us get here to begin with. Too many intangibles that didn't help him - like Tav not showing up, Trapp making a wonder save etc.

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

His workrate was incredible. We didn't really get him on the ball enough but when we did I thought he did ok yeah.

Has to score that late chance but then again few other players on the pitch even get there.

While its your opinion and im not going to argue, i think he was missing for most of, if not all of the game IMO. I really like him but he played well below his level and influence

The team did us proud absolutely - we should see the bigger picture. Still hurts though because what a golden opportunity we’ve blown. If we’re being truthful they probably edged it. So many things didn’t go for us tonight and let’s face that is fckn football. Going to be difficult but we must shake off the disappointment real quick for Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Only an opinion Malky

Which of course you're entitled to, but when there are hundreds of hurting bears just now reading your opinion of calling players (heroes for the last few every name under the sun then expect responses like mine.

It feels like both teams invested so much in the run up that neither one wanted to fail. We certainly weren’t outplayed but we were far from our best. 

Am I the only person who is pissed off that Frankfurt jettisoned their league back in November to solely concentrate on this while we played the honest game and tried to win everything?

The lads did well. I’m just absolutely gutted. What was Goldson thinking?

14 minutes ago, BigDak said:

It feels like both teams invested so much in the run up that neither one wanted to fail. We certainly weren’t outplayed but we were far from our best. 

Am I the only person who is pissed off that Frankfurt jettisoned their league back in November to solely concentrate on this while we played the honest game and tried to win everything?

The lads did well. I’m just absolutely gutted. What was Goldson thinking?

Tbf Frankfurt we’re never in the running for winning the league lol Bayern just completed 10 in a row and will only probably drop off with the likes of Lewa leaving

5 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Tbf Frankfurt we’re never in the running for winning the league lol Bayern just completed 10 in a row and will only probably drop off with the likes of Lewa leaving

Fair enough, but still you could at least try to do as well as you possibly could. It’s quite clear that they just fucked their league at the expense of the Europa. Call me small minded but I just think that’s not very sportsmanlike.

Just now, BigDak said:

Fair enough, but still you could at least try to do as well as you possibly lay could. It’s quite clear that they just fucked their league at the expense of the Europa. Call me small minded but I just think that’s not very sportsmanlike.

I don’t know I personally think they are more or less a mid table German side at best, they like us just went on an incredible run this year.

There was zero chance they were finishing above RB or Dortmund never mind challenging a proper giant like Bayern.

Just now, The No.9 said:

I don’t know I personally think they are more or less a mid table German side at best, they like us just went on an incredible run this year.

There was zero chance they were finishing above RB or Dortmund never mind challenging a proper giant like Bayern.

To be fair, I’m calling this from a completely ignorant stance. I’ve no idea their previous form over the last few seasons and had just assumed that a team who beat Barcelona, West Ham and gone the whole Europa League unbeaten were a better side than one finishing 12th in their league.

3 minutes ago, BigDak said:

To be fair, I’m calling this from a completely ignorant stance. I’ve no idea their previous form over the last few seasons and had just assumed that a team who beat Barcelona, West Ham and gone the whole Europa League unbeaten were a better side than one finishing 12th in their league.

Nah I totally get you mate but there would have been Germans saying the same about us “how can a team that beat Dortmund etc lose the league to celtic who got knocked out 3 times” blah blah.

just seems like it was a case of two underdog clubs going the distance in the tournament imo, I think over the course of the decade the usual suspects will get to the finals with the odd other big 5 league team winning as well.

obv I hope we can return again for more but I wouldn’t bank on it.

Can't fault the efforts and fight they showed. To be penalty kicks away from the europa league is a phenomenal achievement.

Can criticise individual mistake, defending at the goal looked poor from what I saw of Tav and Goldson but at least they left it all out there and went down fighting.

Hopefully they have enough in the tank for Saturday.

Thought the fans were very tense, quiet and nervous. Don't know if it was the heat or the fear bit you'd have thought there was more Germans in the stadium than Gers, with the noise they made in comparison to us.

The biggest disappointment for me was our lack of intensity from the start against  a team nowhere near the standard of those we knocked out on the way to the final. We never got in their faces, closing down was a rare occurrence and we were on the back foot too often letting them go forward with no challenge, our intensity rocked Dortmund and Leipzig but that never seemed to be in the game plan.

19 minutes ago, Willis said:

There is nothing to suggest that another European final is out of our reach. 

I'm heartbroken. But proud as well.

I love you Rangers

I admire your optimism. I'm 33 - I've accepted that I won't see one ever again. I hope my son and daughter do.

I'm proud we got this far. Just cant shake the feeling that we never turned up on the pitch or in the stands. We were a totally different team earlier to the one that beat far better teams - Dortmund and RB. I'm a terrible loser. In sport all that matters is who wins cups/titles, not the journey to get there. Maybe in a few weeks/months I'll be able to look back and see it as the achievement it is, but right now it's a case of what could and should have been and that hurts 

It just wasn't to be, but to lose in a penalty shootout is like a heads or tails coin toss.

I couldn't watch the penalty shootout - far too much stress on my heart.

I went to bed last night disappointed, but so bloody proud of my team and our supporters and I thought ! I could have been watching Eintracht Frankfurt V  Borussia Dortmund in this final.

But Nope ! I was watching the Famous Glasgow Rangers with my Rangers top on, in a Europa League final - what an achievement.

The Cup never came home- but I will give this team a standing ovation any time.