*****Official Sunderland vs Rangers match thread (friendly)*****

1 minute ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

Strange as i really enjoyed pumping Madrid last summer and when we went to France and won that pre season friendly tournament thing. We were awesome. I think fans sometimes underestimate just how important pre season is and how important winning any game is. It breeds so much. Winning is a habit. You either have it or you dont. The facts tonight are we have 1 new player in the team and 1 long term injured back. 9 players who were part of a side who failed last season are still starting. This is where we are. Arfield and Wright offer us nothing. Kent in all honesty isn't interested. Davis touching 40. Barisic has continued his horrific form. And we still need a new number 1. If you are not even slightly concerned then......i don't know. Under no circumstances should Rangers be losing any game to a League 1 team, newly promoted or not. Our fans were apoplectic with rage at the thought of us signing Ross Stewart....as it stands he's enjoying the game far more than us. This is extremely poor. 

We beat Rapid Vienna and yous could only draw with them tonight.

3 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

People raging over the first pre season friendly :lol:

To be fair, I remember us being totally dominant in our pre-season games before 55 (that Motherwell game was maybe the most fluid we ever looked under Gerrard). Not sure it's totally true that pre-season performances mean nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

Strange as i really enjoyed pumping Madrid last summer and when we went to France and won that pre season friendly tournament thing. We were awesome. I think fans sometimes underestimate just how important pre season is and how important winning any game is. It breeds so much. Winning is a habit. You either have it or you dont. The facts tonight are we have 1 new player in the team and 1 long term injured back. 9 players who were part of a side who failed last season are still starting. This is where we are. Arfield and Wright offer us nothing. Kent in all honesty isn't interested. Davis touching 40. Barisic has continued his horrific form. And we still need a new number 1. If you are not even slightly concerned then......i don't know. Under no circumstances should Rangers be losing any game to a League 1 team, newly promoted or not. Our fans were apoplectic with rage at the thought of us signing Ross Stewart....as it stands he's enjoying the game far more than us. This is extremely poor. 

Too long, stopped reading after strange. 

1 minute ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

1643471490616.gif

Just now, rangersross said:

To be fair, I remember us being totally dominant in our pre-season games before 55 (that Motherwell game was maybe the most fluent we ever looked under Gerrard). Not sure it's totally true that pre-season performances mean nothing. 

Also remember us hammering Roma then losing the league.

The first pre season game genuinely means nothing when the players have probably been doing tough training all week.

3 minutes ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

We lost to Tranmere last pre season…. also mods this guy is clearly a taig

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Pictures don't lie, he's looking tubby

Probably extra muscle, a lot of players will have more time to train in the gym during Pre season or when they are injured and bulk up.

Katic for example did exactly that during his injury period.

Sometimes players put on a bit too much muscle and it effects their speed and stamina which I think Katic did.