*****The Official Blackpool V Rangers Match Thread*****

Some good showings today, its preseason after all. 

We seem very thin at Striker and Left back and Rb.

Seeing Mcgregor, Davis, Arfield having big parts is a concern, wanted them very much back up, but understand why they have been kept on.

Still a fair few to come back in too, but still light in a few areas. 

Sakala, Hagi, Roofe, Morelos, Helander- not sure if 2/3 can give us 20+games a year though. 

Still a few players to move on in that squad. 

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Matondo looks promising. I didn’t see much from Lawrence. I’ve no idea what kind of a player he is yet.

To be fair to Lawrence every time he went looking for the ball Devine gave it away or Katic decided to play safe and sideways. :lol:

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Btw that goal at the end, Souttar’s reaction is class he’s having a go at cunts even though it’s utterly meaningless in a pre-season friendly. 

If he stays fit I’m pretty sure he’ll establish himself as the main CB partner to Goldson. The guy is a leader

Can't train that sort of passion, good to hear. 

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Btw that goal at the end, Souttar’s reaction is class he’s having a go at cunts even though it’s utterly meaningless in a pre-season friendly. 

If he stays fit I’m pretty sure he’ll establish himself as the main CB partner to Goldson. The guy is a leader

MacG after their 1st attempt went totally Tanto at the defence:UK:

A much improved 2nd half performance.

2 good goals, Bornas with his right was sweet. Tempo much improved overall. Shape seemed better with Arfield pushing and Davis sitting. The new players and youths mostly.showed up fine.

Think the game shows that Sands can't win a header, Middleton offers little, and we've still got loads of hard work to get to an acceptable level.

I'd expect our next 2 starting line ups will be pretty indicative of how Gio sees his starting 11 for when competitive games start.

3 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Borna goal will do his confidence good at a time when he's likely to become first choice in that position again. 

I fear for him going to the Brendanbeu etc. Tough away matches. His head seems to really go when it goes. Bassey will go so imho i think we need a first choice left back now. 

39 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Matondo looks promising. I didn’t see much from Lawrence. I’ve no idea what kind of a player he is yet.

I agree, Lawrence has been used to being a big fish at Derby it will be a bit of a culture shock to him that he's in with a few bigger fish now, might take him a bit of time to get used to it.