*****Rangers v West Ham United*****

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Posted this above but your press was a shambles.

Rice was running about like a headless chicken at points leaving huge gaps in midfield with no one else going with him. It's an absolute no-no against us but that needs to be sorted big time for you guys before the Premier League starts.

Cresswell is pretty awful, need a huge upgrade there.

What has happened to Cresswell? A few seasons back he was regarded as one of the best left backs in the league?! Injuries taking their toll on him?

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Thought Barisic was good tonight - if we’re going to play that style of playing out from the back he is really comfortable on the ball 

Was a bit feart that Matondo would be another Sakala, with pace to burn but inability to use the ball. Can see from his brief appearance last night that he's a diff level. Hopefully his attitude os as good as Sakala though.

Lawrence looks a tidy player.

Prefer McGlaughlin to McGregor bit I don't think he's the answer at all and he will also cost goals when tested over a full season.

Decent performance but it's only a sparring session.

Enjoyed last night tbh. Some really good goals.

sakala will be lucky to see out the week here, he just looks lost tbh.

West Ham support was absolutely pathetic as well. One of the quietest away supports I’ve ever seen.

tavs pass for matondos cut back was absolutely perfect.

enjoyable wee fitness session and some Great goals 

3 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

WTF happened in the Union Bears end, just after the 3rd goal?. From SW4, looked like serious aggro and police/stewards involved.

There was some twat on twitter saying he was filming them and was told numerous times to stop apparently.

Said he's had enough of them. Tagged Stv in his rant about it. The post is deleted now but he was claiming he was assaulted or something.

6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Thought Barisic was good tonight - if we’re going to play that style of playing out from the back he is really comfortable on the ball 

Because he takes it from a CB then has a look and decides to 95% of the time to play it back rather than create something.  

that’s why he looks comfy 

I thought Sands looked good last night at CB, he was very composed in his passing (he basically started the second goal) and did very well up against Antonio.

He’s another one who gets slagged rotten for some reason, I think he’s pretty decent and is more than good enough to cover in defence.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Enjoyed last night tbh. Some really good goals.

sakala will be lucky to see out the week here, he just looks lost tbh.

West Ham support was absolutely pathetic as well. One of the quietest away supports I’ve ever seen.

tavs pass for matondos cut back was absolutely perfect.

enjoyable wee fitness session and some Great goals 

Tav must be salivating at the thought of having a proper right winger/forward in front of him 

Also thought Kamara was very good last night too. Think him and Lundstram should be our sitting two. 

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Davies Barisic

Lundstram Kamara

Matondo Lawrence Kent

Morelos

Struggle to pick a weak point there if Borna is on his game. 

15 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I thought Sands looked good last night at CB, he was very composed in his passing (he basically started the second goal) and did very well up against Antonio.

He’s another one who gets slagged rotten for some reason, I think he’s pretty decent and is more than good enough to cover in defence.

I think because he hasn’t really had a defined position, and been brought on late to shore games up and we’ve then conceded.

Was pretty good at CB last night. 

Think it’s the end for Helander, Katic and (obviously) Simpson. 

The positions Lawrence took up for his goal and Matondo’s was excellent. Something we have been lacking over the years. Looks like he will chip in with a few goals, defences will struggle with him and others around him that he creates space for.

Souttar done okay will take a bit to find his feet (especially on the left side) but good guy next to him to learn from. 

If Tav and Barisic can consistently find similar form to last night then we are in for a special season imo.