*****Rangers v West Ham United*****

G.E.C.

32 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I thought Sands looked good last night at CB, he was very composed in his passing (he basically started the second goal) and did very well up against Antonio.

He’s another one who gets slagged rotten for some reason, I think he’s pretty decent and is more than good enough to cover in defence.

I think that might be the problem - He was described as a midfield holder when we signed him but it’s clear to see he’s not got the vision or ability to play midfield hence showings like Aberdeen away after the winter break (Appreciate that was his first game)

There’s no doubt he’s a defender or right hand side of a back 3 and anyone who’s commented from his time in the US has always said centre back

I just think the fans thought we were getting a different type of player hence he’s never mentioned in any line up as a defender always 4/5/6th choice midfield

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

There was some twat on twitter saying he was filming them and was told numerous times to stop apparently.

Said he's had enough of them. Tagged Stv in his rant about it. The post is deleted now but he was claiming he was assaulted or something.

Hopefully he was.

19 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

One thing I'll say if we persist with a 4-2-3-1 with Kent Lawrence Matondo, then I think Morelos would be excellent in front of them. His ability to link up and drag defenders out of position with they three finding space would be good to watch. 

You almost forget about Morelos, given he missed so many of our big games last season and has been out for so long. Will be like a new signing. 

58 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think because he hasn’t really had a defined position, and been brought on late to shore games up and we’ve then conceded.

Was pretty good at CB last night. 

Think it’s the end for Helander, Katic and (obviously) Simpson. 

I think Simpson's career here was basically done under Gerrard. Has he been in a competitive match day squad since Gio took over?

Truly awful player. Rate Rob Kiernan higher than him.

Really enjoyable especially start of the second half. Lawrence and Matondo give us so many new options. 
Games last year we just couldn’t put teams away - DU at Tannadice prime example. 

If Tillman adds even more creativity then we are looking good. 

Matondo looks fantastic and Lawrence looks really clever - plus the fact he looks a bit of a confident cunt which we need more of. Talent and a wee streak of devilment - the kind of player you’d detest if he was playing against you. Lovely 🇬🇧

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think Simpson's career here was basically done under Gerrard. Has he been in a competitive match day squad since Gio took over?

Truly awful player. Rate Rob Kiernan higher than him.

Think he played left back against Stirling.

On reflection too, colak worked his socks off. I think it will click for him eventually. Got to bear in mind that once folk know how he plays and the type of runs he will make it will hopefully pay off. He got a great ovation. 

6 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

There was some twat on twitter saying he was filming them and was told numerous times to stop apparently.

Said he's had enough of them. Tagged Stv in his rant about it. The post is deleted now but he was claiming he was assaulted or something.

Coplandbear gone rogue?

5 hours ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

I think that might be the problem - He was described as a midfield holder when we signed him but it’s clear to see he’s not got the vision or ability to play midfield hence showings like Aberdeen away after the winter break (Appreciate that was his first game)

There’s no doubt he’s a defender or right hand side of a back 3 and anyone who’s commented from his time in the US has always said centre back

I just think the fans thought we were getting a different type of player hence he’s never mentioned in any line up as a defender always 4/5/6th choice midfield

It’s a big change coming from the MLS and I think that’s probably why we got him in for the end of last season. Gives him the chance to settle a bit. Remember Edu looking terrible early doors 

2 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

It’s a big change coming from the MLS and I think that’s probably why we got him in for the end of last season. Gives him the chance to settle a bit. Remember Edu looking terrible early doors 

Like an American golfer, used to playing on smooth fairways, and billiard table greens.
They'll try the links course at St. Andrews, and it's a very different game.
All things considered, he didn't set the heather on fire, but he wasn't the worst either.

6 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

MLS is a completely different style of play you get absolute eternity in the ball and it’s not overly physical 

On 20/07/2022 at 07:37, Dan Deacon said:

was he saying he was sick of the Union Bears? We all do it but I don’t think fans are allowed to film in the stadium but he sounds like a prick but I wonder what’s really behind it

6 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

glad this prick was challenged by Bears before being ejected and banned although he’ll probably try again against spurs 

IMG_2378.MOV

You would like to see cunts like him getting life time ban.
You could actually see people round about getting pissed off.