*****Rangers v Tottenham Hotspur*****

G.E.C.

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

That was a decent game to watch, Tottenham obviously a quality side with significantly more attacking threat than West Ham 

Bit disappointed in Lawrence and Souttar today, thought neither played well and the tackle from Souttar before he got subbed was really stupid

I literally burst out laughing at Richarlison's reaction.

Not many EPL players wind me up cos I don't support any of them, but I can totally understand the mass hatred for him and also Son. Different types of annoying. :lol: 

Overall I thought we were bold, a genuinely decent game which was almost split into 4 quarters. We were good in our spell in the later stage of the first half, but Tottenham were fantastic in their spell after HT, especially Kane. 

Agreed that Souttar isn't a LCB.

11 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

Thought we gave a good account of ourselves today. 

The gulf in finances is quite disheartening to see. They are an extremely good squad and a well run club. 

The gulf in finances might no have been noticed had Kent and then Barisic had played the ball earlier instead of losing it and leading to them scoring. Especially Barisic, he had two choices and he decided against both. 

5 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Wouldn’t look too much into Souttar having a poor game against Spurs. Still think he starts next week tbh. 

Souttar will Be ideal for bread and butter games in Scotland.

Not sure the high pressing game we played in Europe and against tarriers will suit him though.

Decent workout for us, good to see Colak get off the mark.

Two good finishes by Kane but we should be defending those breaks better.

New signings still settling in so important to get them as many minutes as possible.

Hopefully get some minutes in Tillman, Davies and the rest of todays subs in the Queens Park game. 

Step up in class against us today and thought we were well beaten.  Guess only to be expected given the amount of money they have to spend compared to us.  If nothing else, it brings us down to earth a bit after the Europa cup final and the West Ham game, we have a lot of work still to do to win the League back, never mind have a good run in Europe again.

A pre-season friendly against a strong powerful Spurs team wasn’t the best place to judge but I’m a bit concerned already about the lack of physicality in our team.  Not talking about our fitness but the number of times we lose out on 50-50 challenges and are strong-armed off the ball is slightly worrying.  Noticed it in a few games last year against lesser opposition and it was really shown up today. None of our new players look particularly powerful physically and our two biggest signings, who we haven’t seen yet, look even less physical than the players they presumably will be replacing.

Thankfully , our main opposition in Scotland are not the most physical either.  However, I do worry that we may struggle to score goals against teams that sit back against us until Alfie comes back at least.

6 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Small annoyance that Beaton let them take two quick FKs with his back turned, but when McGregor did it he pulled it back. They then scored when he re-took it.

Didn’t count it but it felt like he added on a large chunk of added time which is unheard of in a friendly.

21 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The gulf in finances might no have been noticed had Kent and then Barisic had played the ball earlier instead of losing it and leading to them scoring. Especially Barisic, he had two choices and he decided against both. 

To be fair I don't think if that didn't happen it would have made any difference in the fulf in finances