Scott Wright verdict?

AberfeldyBlue

Gio likes him and clearly rates him. Whatever he's lacking in, the coaches will be trying to improve and bring into his game. He's a hard worker and he'll be pushing hard to improve too. 

Sometimes it's just not going to happen, I'm sure many on here would say it won't but football often surprises.

Decent option to have.

People also seem to just forget that we need a certain amount of home grown players in our squad.

Can anyone think of a home grown player available on our budget who could replace him and be an upgrade?

Possibly McKay if he has matured is the only one I can think of.

A Scottish Candeias for me, hard working, obviously performs quite a disciplined role on the right to assist Tav. His numbers (like a lot of our forward players) confirm he doesn’t do nearly enough damage in the last third. I doubt he’s ever going to be a regular scorer. He did fine yesterday, I guess that’s all we’ll ever say about him. 

Compare and contrast with across the city where their wide players get goals regularly, different set up / tactics but we do need more contribution across the whole front line to take pressure of Morelos and Čolak. Early days with the likes of Tillman and Lawrence but looks like they will outscore Wright. 

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Decent option to have.

People also seem to just forget that we need a certain amount of home grown players in our squad.

Can anyone think of a home grown player available on our budget who could replace him and be an upgrade?

Possibly McKay if he has matured is the only one I can think of.

McKay is miles better than Wright. 

10 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

A Scottish Candeias for me, hard working, obviously performs quite a disciplined role on the right to assist Tav. His numbers (like a lot of our forward players) confirm he doesn’t do nearly enough damage in the last third. I doubt he’s ever going to be a regular scorer. He did fine yesterday, I guess that’s all we’ll ever say about him. 

Compare and contrast with across the city where their wide players get goals regularly, different set up / tactics but we do need more contribution across the whole front line to take pressure of Morelos and Čolak. Early days with the likes of Tillman and Lawrence but looks like they will outscore Wright. 

Dosent have Candeias skill

He's a squad player, in time he'll not be a squad player but for now he's relatively cheap enough to keep him around and use him in games like yesterday's while protecting Lawrence for the bigger picture.

I'd imagine we'll see where we are in terms of Europe in January and may look to move him on then or next summer.

11 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

McKay absolutely shat it in plenty of games and went in to complete hiding. 

Young wingers are inconsistent.

McKay seemed like a wee fanny around the time of his exit, and hasn’t exactly gone into great things, but he had times at us where he was a contributor - Wright keeps ‘being a hard worker’ with little output. 

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Correct. Still a better player though.

Not when you’re playing with a man down, Wright is a decent cheap option who can fill in when needed. McKay you couldn’t play in half our games, certainly wouldn’t have won the ball back for our Leipzig goal.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Not when you’re playing with a man down, Wright is a decent cheap option who can fill in when needed. McKay you couldn’t play in half our games, certainly wouldn’t have won the ball back for our Leipzig goal.

That’s just a nonsense statement.